A different story
By Glenn on
2010 Cadillac SRX Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)
This is my second of the new restyled SRXs and my 5th new Cadillac. I have to say that I am a bit disappointed with the ride comfort as it is a bit harsh over bumps. When compared to others in its class it is fully an equal, but I expect more from a Cadillac ride and am disappointed every time I feel the bumps and grind. In my first (a 2010) I had the 2.8 turbo AWD because I wanted the power. I hated the turbo lag however. On my second (a 2011) I have the 3.0 AWD and the power is a bit lackluster but I am not planing to drive it in rally races. It joins interstate traffic safely and performs more than acceptably around town. I love everything else about the car and I demand a lot.
Favorite Features
The styling, both inside and out are to my mind exceptional. I have received more walk up compliments on this car than any other that I have owned save my C6 Corvette. At 6'2" this car fits me, most in this class don't, I love that. The Nav/Audio systems are top notch as well.
Suggested Improvements
I am a bit older than the designers were aiming for but I represent a sizable demographic and I suspect most of us would prefer (as I do) a more couch like seat. Soften up those road bumps and this car becomes a solid hit with me. Lastly, the squirrels under the hood are loud when pushed hard.