Used 2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Gas Tank Issues
By Newman

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have noticed continued thumping and swirling noises coming from the gas tank area. I have been told that GM is working on a fix. I also had issues with the brakes squeaking very loud, usually when in reverse. GM is also aware of this issue and again being told they are working on a fix. Both these issues are very disappointing for such an expensive car.

Everything we expected and more.
By woods2

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought SRX to replace our 12 year old motor-home. Wanted vehicle for continued travels, with ample cargo space, and ability to reach 2nd home in all types weather. Couldn't ask for a better choice. Have 8,400 miles to date and average 26.7 mpg on road. SRX joins M-B 300 and Volvo C70 in our "fleet", and it's become our favorite ride. Added fog lamps and greatly improve night driving on back roads. First driving experience without spare tire/jack; keeping fingers crossed. No negatives to date. Power, ride, rear seat space concerns, addressed by others, found to be very acceptable in our case. Rear seats partially recline and most comfortable. Outstanding Dealership.

Favorite Features

Usable cargo capacity and added storage features; HVAC system; Interior/Exterior; Engineering and design features; Handling; Quiet; Oversize Sun Roof; One Great Package!

Suggested Improvements

None; Our first American Car in 22 years and most impressed with overall vehicle and the dealership organization. Think Cadillac, at least, is back on the right track.

Has lots of features, but unable to give the total driving experience
By jtsx1

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

The exterior is looks nice, interior looks good, but drives like an old person's car. The engine lacks power; feels like there's no torque/mid-range, and fuel economy is pretty bad for this kind of performance. The brakes are some of the worst I've every used; the pedal has a wooden feel and the pads supply minimal braking...I would never dream of towing anything with this vehicle, despite it's 3500 lb suggested capability. Throttle response is horrid and could cause issue if you had to maneuver in tight spaces (there's an initial delay before the gas kicks in) I liked the gauges, center stack design, and air-conditioned front seats. I wouldn't feel safe driving this vehicle on a daily basis

Favorite Features

air-conditioned seats, pop-up nav screen, interior design, exterior looks, brake pedal adjustment, maneuverability in tight spots, remote start, keyless entry

Suggested Improvements

!!Brakes: needs better initial bite w/progressive stopping power; pedal feels wooden and doesn't slow 4200 lb vehicle down easily. Requires lots of effort from driver and even then, it struggles. Steering: nice on-center position/feel, but has a delay when making corrections or changing lanes. Navigation: touch screen is hard to manipulate while driving; Acuras rotary dial is much better. Body Roll: significant body roll in tighter turns Center Console: feels somewhat cheap and creaks if you happen to press against it (not I'm not fat, 6'1" 175 lbs)

Amazing first Cadillac
By Barbie Doll

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

As a recent college graduate I was looking for a vehicle that was appealing good on gas mileage and overall was comfortable. I am beyond happy with my SRX. I love the quality of the navigation system and how easy it is to use. All my co-workers are in love with the sunroof and how big it is. I must say I'm always volunteered to do the driving at works since my car is so comfortable. I will say I was a bit skeptic at first going from a two door sports car to a cross over but I must say I am beyond happy. The only problem I have encountered with the vehicle is one of the aluminum pieces by the driver mirror fell off. I took it to the dealership and it seems a few people have had the same issue.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable. Spacious and very great looking vehicle. the navigation system and blue tooth is great. I must say the car is great for long trips very comfy and it makes for a smooth ride! Very happy with my purchase.

Suggested Improvements

Wish there was a spare tire. I had a tire have a flat and wished it had a spare

Best out there
By thetvmn

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 2010 SRX! Not only is it a beautiful car on the outside, but the interior is amazing. The moonroofs are great for fall cruising or just riding around on a starry night. If you're a car person, you might notice that the designers didn't forget Cadillac's heritage. From the subtle "tailfins" to the chrome V on the dash, there's no mistaking it as anything else than the classic American automaker. And as for the bad reviews: With grammar like that, I doubt one would be educated/successful enough to own an SRX unless they bought it off a junk lot in the first place. I highly recommend this car!