2010 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Stiff Ride
By Dick Anthony on 01/08/10 11:38 AM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Premium 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

We test drove a basic model,front wheel drive with 18" wheels and purposely drove over bad roads. The ride was excellent. However we wanted and purchased the Premium model with all the options. The first drive in it I knew we made a mistake because of the handling. It is to stiff and noisy over uneven surfaces, nothing like the model we test drove. I inquired when ordering the car if we could get it without the sport suspension and 20" wheels, but you could not. But I thought "oh this a Cadillac, it must ride nice". Mistake!! All the other features of it are excellent. Warning, test drive the actual model you will be buying.

Great decision...!
By J on 01/02/10 12:45 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

07'BMW X3 to 10'SRX. We too looked at Q5, GLK, MKX, RX. SRX has more content and offers more value. Fit and finish very good. Power is adequate for this type of vehicle. We have done a 1500M road trip and it was great. Around town it is perfectly fine..! Interior is really nice and better than all the others. You get more VALUE with Cadillac. All the others are ala-carte and add up too quickly. Cadillac targeted LEXUS and quite frankly it is no contest, the two don't compare. The SRX is hands down a better product overall. We really like our white/grey/chrome wheel, performance version, it was a great decision indeed. It's my ladies crossover and she is very happy. Wow..we have a Cadillac !

1st Happy Cady Owner
By Cady Happy on 01/01/10 09:06 AM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Read much about the lack of pick-up in t enew SRX. My suspencions are these are previous V-8 owners (massive SUVs). The car is great, corners great (beats our Pilot), interior is well designed and the CRV is such a joy to drive. So much technology, still learning after 1100 miles. By the way, stomp on the gas and the SRX does take off without hesitation. It's a CRV not a Vette!

What a poor design
By handysandy on 12/23/09 15:44 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Premium 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I drove the SRX around my dealer's streets and thought it was somewhat underpowered but acceptable. Now that I have had it for a month I am sorry I did not take the GM return option. This car is underpowered and has the poorest ride I have ever experienced. A few comments have noted that the ride of this car is horrible. I would add that I have never had a Cadillac with such a bone jarring ride ( I have had six of them before this one) My wife and I need our seats back almost all the way. There is no way to put the back seats down to form a cargo area with front seats back.Dealer says ride and cargo problems are design. Don't buy this expensive dog!!

Hopefully a keeper.
By tsenior on 12/08/09 11:25 AM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I looked at several vehicles including Highlander, Venza, Audi, Acura MDX and Acadia. I'm still not convinced I made the best choice. Believe it or not my final choices were between the SRX and the Acadia..2 different autos, I know. I really like the space, utility and styling of the Acadia. I really liked the features and styling of the SRX. For starters the SRX ride is too stiff. I can sense the power struggle with the weight of the SRX. At cold idle the engine isn't as quiet as it should be. Seat adjustments are difficult because of the lack of space between the door and the seat...poor design. If the sunroof is open while on the freeway...excessive noise... more than my Ford F-350.

The 2010 SRX
By Lon Nefouse on 12/04/09 14:52 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

First American I've bought in many years..this is such a great car and a crossover,,has all the bells and whistles without the complications. I love this vehicle. Its what Cadillac was once all about. when the phrased was used for something that was top of the line "THE CADILLAC OF THE INDUSTRY". KUDOS TO GM..they got this baby right..and 50K bumper to Bumper for 4 years 100K powertrain. I'm BACK!!!

OMG! So cool!
By lyndy on 12/01/09 22:44 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I absolutely love my new SRX! The styling looks great, the performance - Serious head turner!

2010 SRX - I love it!!!
By Scotty on 11/25/09 16:40 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Performance 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I saw the commercial for this car and they had me. I had been looking at a variety of cross overs but felt they lacked style. I will say that this car turns heads. I've received a ton of compliments on it already. I love the exterior design. I just picked it up last week and I will say that I love it!!!

Noise?
By GoldMist on 11/25/09 12:24 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my premium SRX in October. Absolutely love it. Except for ONE THING - Does anyone hear an odd noise coming from behind the center console? I've been told this noise is in all SRX's. Dealership said it was probably the navigation cooling fan? Seems odd to me...

A near hit.
By Brian on 11/25/09 12:04 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Although this model looks better than the previous generation, I still like the BMW styling more. The sharp lines in the hatch don't look good on this type of car. This car is way overpriced and can't compete with Lexus, Infiniti, Acura when the only engine option is a whimpy 3.0 V6. Why did they take out the V8? Also, the way the windows slope down in the two rear windows looks dumb and takes away blind spot visibility. My Pacifica has a bigger engine, more interior room, but gets the same fuel economy. Buy a Ford Edge and you'll get a car with better resale value for $10k less.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Cadillac SRX Suv in VA is:

$126 per month*