2010 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Luxury SUV
By V Owner on 02/07/10 13:26 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car despite auto magazine reviews. Test drove many luxury suvs. Best most comfortable interior I have ever owned. Power is more than adequate especially with sport mode. Outstanding long range tourer, very comfortable, very luxurious. Not a performance car but has adequate acceleration. For performance sedan purchase performance car like a CTSV or 5 series. If you want a luxury SUV, with good AWD,good SUV handling, with decent hauling potential and comfort for 4 this is a real value.

Initial impressions
By Scott on 02/04/10 21:38 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Turbo Premium 4dr SUV AWD (2.8L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Have only had the car now for about a week. Less than 500 miles on it so far but so far so good. Just got a hitch put on it and the all weather floor mats and mudflaps. Turbo definitely gives it a bit more pep - but you should definitely drive for yourself to decide if the premium (and drop in gas mileage) is worth it. One gotcha that I have not seen mentioned is that the Turbo requires premium while the 3.0L engine can run on regular. Compared it with XC-60, RX350 - and decided on this for features and drive.

Not real impressed
By Joe on 02/02/10 17:52 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my 2009 Buick Enclave in on this SRX, wished I didn't. Bought Luxury model but has alot of performance options 20" wheels. The ride is to stiff and noisy over uneven surfaces. I hear a noise like the front end is worn out when going over uneven surface like parking lots. This is not the ride I expected from all the years I wanted a Cadillac. Seat are leather and real stiff. Not enough room for me in the drivers seat and legs room, seat is all the way back too (I am 6'1"). Cadillac please go back to the drawing board with the ride, this is a CADILLAC!!!!! or it is supposed to be.

Replaced a GLK 350
By jeff s on 02/02/10 10:01 AM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife recently purchased a MB GLK350 and found it too small, as I did. Replaced it with the SRX-AWD....much roomier and frankly more comfortable overall. Though this is our first american name tag in two decades, it is surprisingly satisfying. Only drive in about 1,000 miles. So far so good.

2010 SRX
By rk4racing on 01/29/10 21:31 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

At 1700 miles, still loving my SRX. We test drove the Terrian, but picked the SRX due to standard features on the SRX that are not available on Terrian. A great value for the price, plus the latest Caddy technology. The digital display is very cool. My in- laws who have 07 Escalade were giddy over features. The drive and handling is fun and sporty. Love the styling, the SRX stands out amongst the mass of curved crossovers, a headturner amongst the mass Lexus' in So. Cal.

so far, so good
By D. Johnson on 01/28/10 16:10 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle caught our eye in October of last year. It's exterior made a statement that we liked. The interior hit the spot,too...A lot of creature comforts there. Prior to purchase,we searched for reviews, giving more weight to people who actually *bought* the vehicle. Some who bought the Performance SRX said the ride (on 20-inch wheels)was too stiff and they wish they'd purchased the Luxury with the 18-inch wheels. We decided the Luxury SRX met our needs. We like the ride,feel and handling. It's too soon to rank it's reliability...I'll have to get back to you on that.

SRX after two weeks of ownership
By BMW Car Club Member on 01/26/10 14:47 PM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Current vehicles: BMW 7, Porsche Boxster, Honda Odyssey, Acura TL. I got the SRX to have an AWD, midsize SUV to replace the BMW. Never thought I'd get the Caddy. Rented one for 1 week to make sure I liked it. Options are great. Love the NAV, Weather reports, 40 gig hard drive. Nice interior. On the road, it feels very stable, quiet, very German. With curves it feels like a truck. My only wish is for more power. The 265 hp is adequate but with such low torque, the SRX never feels that fast. Took the car in today for a minor problem, they gave me a CTS with 3.6 L engine. Wish they put it in the SRX. With 3 yr lease, maybe they'll upgrade eng in time for my new one.

fun to drive
By red white on 01/21/10 10:54 AM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I really enjoy driving this car as I don't personally feel like I need gobs of horsepower or torque because as I mature (older) I tend to put less emphasis on performance as opposed to comfort, reliability, and upscale features. If you purchase the srx with the standard 3.0 liter engine it's important to remember that performance is not what you will get. I was pleased with the way the car handled (we travelled to Florida 1585 miles) and the fact that I wasn't the least bit fatigued after driving for 27 hours with on nights rest. Visibility not as overly compromised as some reviewers have said it was, as I found it easy to adjust to because of the large exterior mirrors

Not much power, you're paying for luxury
By Annette on 01/19/10 05:48 AM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This review is based on a rental for two weeks while my Mitsubishi was in the body shop. The bottom line is that you are paying for the "toys" in this vehicle rather than performance. I expected a vehicle priced this high should have some pep when it comes to the gas pedal. It's pretty sluggish when it comes to shifting. In automatic mode, it was revving at 4500 rpms before it shifted into 3rd gear. You are basically paying for the goodies & gadgets inside the vehicle. Is it really worth it or would you rather have good performance?

This is no Cadillac! Keep your old SRX
By Ryan on 01/12/10 07:13 AM (PST)

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

This is NOT a Cadillac, this is a "luxury version" of a Chevy Equinox, a small eco-SUV. Nowhere near as comfortable, useful, or fun to drive as our 2004 SRX (which is a TRUE Cadillac-designed vehicle). We were excited when we heard about the upcoming redesigned SRX for 2010, but now regret waiting. Going to get a low- mile or unsold 2009 SRX instead.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Cadillac SRX Suv in VA is:

$126 per month*