Used 2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Love this little Caddy
By ernesto118

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

My wife traded in our 3 year old Trail Blazer as it started having too many problems. We got a new SRX. Following are our comments after 6 months and 6K miles. Although the “Inprovement” list is longer than the “Favorite” list, we’re happy we got it and still love driving it!

Favorite Features

1. Love the styling. There is nothing like it on the road. 2. Not having a spare is OK with me; I really like having that extra space under the rear deck. What’s really cool is that you can fill it with ice and it becomes a cooler. 3. All the gadgetry and the ambient lighting at night is so cool, nice touch of class. 4. The interior and exterior fit and finish is excellent. There are no large gaps or crooked anything. Looks like GM is starting to get their act together. 5. I’ve been averaging 20.5 MPG which is great for a Caddy! 6. Love the large panorama sun roof. 7. I was surprised at the smoothness of the ride considering the short wheelbase.

Suggested Improvements

The passenger seat needs memory seating - memory should also adjust the rear view mirror. The driver seat should wait until you sit on it BEFORE starting to move forward. Can't have the navigation system on with the radio off. If I want to hear the navigation directions I have to have the radio on. Fuel door on the right hand side and doesn't lock. A and B pillars have blind spots the size of Redwoods. Rear passenger seat does not move forward. The sunroof does not close when I shut down the car and get out - bad news if I forget to close it and it rains. Power door locks should be on the doors, not on the dash. The PRNDL indicators lights Red (danger) - catches my eye when driving.

Everything we expected and more.
By woods2

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Bought SRX to replace our 12 year old motor-home. Wanted vehicle for continued travels, with ample cargo space, and ability to reach 2nd home in all types weather. Couldn't ask for a better choice. Have 8,400 miles to date and average 26.7 mpg on road. SRX joins M-B 300 and Volvo C70 in our "fleet", and it's become our favorite ride. Added fog lamps and greatly improve night driving on back roads. First driving experience without spare tire/jack; keeping fingers crossed. No negatives to date. Power, ride, rear seat space concerns, addressed by others, found to be very acceptable in our case. Rear seats partially recline and most comfortable. Outstanding Dealership.

Favorite Features

Usable cargo capacity and added storage features; HVAC system; Interior/Exterior; Engineering and design features; Handling; Quiet; Oversize Sun Roof; One Great Package!

Suggested Improvements

None; Our first American Car in 22 years and most impressed with overall vehicle and the dealership organization. Think Cadillac, at least, is back on the right track.

Almost Perfect
By Anonymous

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted a small SUV that got decent gas mileage but didn't want to go with a rear wheel drive model for the few days a year that it actally snows in Washington, DC. That narrowed my search down to the SRX and the Lexus. I bought the SRX luxury edition without any extra bells and whistles. I love the car. It rides like its on rails and has all of the features that I need. Even though its more sport than utility, I can still fit quite a bit of stuff in it. Given that the car costs +/- $5K less than any other car in its class, I think its a great bargain.

Favorite Features

Awesome ride. Front wheel drive. Great gas mileage for this group. Edgy looks. Comfortable interior. I love the bluetooth and XM radio. Lowest price in class by far.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the luxury edition came with a navigation system standard or at least optional. That is my only gripe.

MY SRX A LEMON
By John

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Premium 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

Couldn't wait to buy this beauty, it's the best looking crossover, without a doubt, inside and out. Negatives: bad front to side vision, a ton of blind spots; poor acceleration from stop; rough ride; gas mileage okay, runs on regular. Mine was a lemon: rear axle needed work (175 miles); rear hatch and sunroof leaked since new (burnt out rear hatch motor, leaking has not been fixed yet); sporadic "real rough" idle on cold starts; molding fell off? My daughter bought the same car 2 weeks before us and she has not had any problems with hers, she loves it. GM is buying back my lemon.

Favorite Features

Style in and out. Regular gas. Stereo. Parking sensors. Automatic hatch.

Suggested Improvements

smaller front to side window posts to cut down on blind spots. Make it elsewhere than in Mexico!

Happy happy
By joe silver

2010 Cadillac SRX SUV Luxury 4dr SUV (3.0L 6cyl 6A)

I have 5600 miles so far, in regard to performance i have no complaints. As far as power goes its nore then i need, and for a 4000 pound car it moves along nicely. The ride is good for an suv/crossover. City mileage is not the greatest i am getting 15.5 mpg how ever i am getting at best on 3 long trips 28 mpg each trip, thats on the on board computer and by doing the math and keeping under 70 mph. I have had one body problem and that was the small piece on chrome molding on the drivers mirror fell off, (caddy dealer replaced it free). All in all i love the car, it's a head turner!

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior design, OnStar is great.

Suggested Improvements

Spare tire, 6 changer cd radio, more outlets in rear compartment.