5 of 7 people found this review helpful
By apovolotski on
2008 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
8 months into the purchase, I begin to believe that I've got a lemon. Currently, it is broken down and has been here and there throughout the tenure.
Here is the chronological order of things that broke down:
1. Handle holder on the roof (the one that you hold on to to get in and out of the car) -- was hammered in -- easy fix.
2. Front seat plastic backing was hanging -- clamp was off -- easy fix.
3. Muffler was rumbling, weird noise level up -- clamp was off -- easy fix.
4. Engine chugging -- spark plug replaced.
5. Back seats rattling wildly and violently at high speeds -- wheel balancing did not solve the problem -- still rattle.
6. Power steering and pump failed.
Speed & handling, when it works.
Overall mechanical redesign is needed. Substandard parts from Mexico are used throughout the vehicle, which result in both cosmetic and mechanical problems.