2008 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
What a surprise!
By Mike D on 03/12/08 15:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have only purchased Japenese luxury cars for the past 20 years. This was the perfect storm, Lexus and Acura didn't ring my bell. I hate Infinity and I can never see eye to eye with the German companies. I decided to look at the Cadillacs. No way I was buying one, but I looked anyway. The test drive was fantastic. After much internal agonizing, I went back. There were large rebates in play and they had exactly what I was looking for. I pulled the trigger! I have never enjoyed a vehicle more. Wonderful engineering, beautiful fit and finish and a great stereo system. It has it all, size, comfort, power and a wonderful 50/50 weight distribution. Kudos to the new Cadillac management!

Sport version 20 inch wheels
By Pierre on 02/25/08 19:58 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

On a trip in Maine on the cruise control very good acceleration. Road handling remarquable. On ice covered of snow in the left lane it is magic

Traded in our 2006 Lexus 400h
By crossbuilder on 02/16/08 11:58 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I'm 75 years old, have owned countless cars, and this is the best all around vehicle to date. The Lexus 400h [yes it rattled]was the 2nd worst, which barely beat out the 1974 Chevy Vega.

I love my SRX
By CindyB on 02/12/08 07:45 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I got exactly what I was expecting when I purchased my SRX. I rented a 2007 model while on vacation and fell in love with it. I got back from vacation and bought one four days later. I bought it fully loaded and do not regret my choice.

Our best car yet!
By ROJO340 on 12/31/07 20:39 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We traded a 2005 Escalade in on this car. I was very pleased with the Escalade and was hesitant at first with the SRX, but wow. We got the magnet ride, and it can't be better. Cadillac is missing the boat by not advertising this car as much as the others. We tested the Enclave and the Acadia. Go with the Caddy.

Well there you go !
By Nigel on 12/10/07 14:45 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I thought I'd do it ... delve into the American car market .. and I have to say ... what a mistake I made. You pay for what you get and this vehicle I suppose sums that up. Nice on the outside and inside I suppose but the drive and the handling .. appalling. Why is it American cars only drive well on a straight flat roads? Here in Europe we have no such thing and can't you tell with this car. Had an X5 and a Range Rover Sport before .. and now I know why. Nevermind .. it does look nice on the drive .. but that's about it. When will Americans ever build .. a decent car? I love to think they will one day. Well I have to go for a wallow down to the local supermarket now.

A Smashing Looker
By Linda Winfield on 09/10/07 15:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I can't get enough of driving this car. The ride is excellent. And I love to see heads turn when they approach the vehicle. GM has done their homework.

Unexpected
By Grooveman on 09/01/07 03:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The SRX handles corners with nimbleness unexpected from a vehicle this large. The styling is classic Cadillac with attention to detail, like real wood grain; solid metal inserts and stitched leather throughout. The Panoramic roof is a sight to behold, gives your passengers the impression that they are in a convertible. The driver is wrapped in controls, but never overwhelmed, everything essential is on the steering column.

Pleasantly surprised
By pan on 06/28/07 05:25 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The SRX is a pleasure to drive. The 6-cyl engine has more than enough power and the car is filled with luxury features. Quality throughout. Better gas mileage than comparable Japanese cars (except for hybrids). Very nice.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.