Used 2008 Cadillac SRX V8 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Best Car I've Owned
By Macdaddy

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought nearly 3 years ago now-fully loaded V8 with sport package. Never a problem or even recall. Just change the oil. I wish all cars could be this good and trouble-free.

Smooth ride, fast for SUV, and excellent features-Bose, DVD.

Navigation is bit out of date. Gas mileage is about 18 mpg average.

Don't overlook an SRX
By Jeff Sunshine

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have a V8 awd with the sport package. The car has 20k miles on it and all I did was change oil (twice). So much for consumer reports saying its unreliable. Love the SRX because it handles like a well designed car and accelerates with ease. Everything works the way its supposed to and this car has been very reliable so far. Drive way better than the V6 trucks from BMW, MB and Lexus and you will save money. Test drive this car before getting saddled to a boring vanilla vehicle recommended by consumer reports. By the way this Caddy does fine off road and in the snow

V8, sport package, Bose sound system, contol in bad weather, exhaust note

Third row seat could be easier to use (but way better than the big clunkers in any Toyota or Lexus), could use more cargo room, city mileage (as expexted) is low (but you arrive quickly)

Gaz guzzler
By tnt71

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The worst first: this car is the worst car on gas I have ever owned. A friend of mine that has the V6 told me it is just as bad as the V8. 11 MPG! The V8 is very powerful and quiet. Comfortable inside except the third row. Car has a heavy feel but seems to handle well.

The V8.

Increase the fuel mileage.

Traded in our 2006 Lexus 400h
By crossbuilder

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I'm 75 years old, have owned countless cars, and this is the best all around vehicle to date. The Lexus 400h [yes it rattled]was the 2nd worst, which barely beat out the 1974 Chevy Vega.

The whole package looks good, drives good and is just plain creature comfortable. Bought the Sports Package with AWD and 20" wheels. The size is perfect. This vehicle is a little narrower, shorter and lighter than some other large SUV's which is very desirable when driving in congestion.

Gas mileage is marginal; but I knew that when I dumped the 400h. The 20 gallon fuel tank gives a practical city range of 270 miles. Make it bigger.

Our best car yet!
By ROJO340

2008 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We traded a 2005 Escalade in on this car. I was very pleased with the Escalade and was hesitant at first with the SRX, but wow. We got the magnet ride, and it can't be better. Cadillac is missing the boat by not advertising this car as much as the others. We tested the Enclave and the Acadia. Go with the Caddy.

The V8. Magnet ride. XM radio. Look of the vehicle. Bose. DVD navigation. Electric lift tailgate. The best of everything!

The silver rings around the air vents on the dash, they reflect in the mirrors. I painted ours the color of the dash to correct this.