8 months into the purchase, I begin to believe that I've got a lemon. Currently, it is broken down and has been here and there throughout the tenure.
Here is the chronological order of things that broke down:
1. Handle holder on the roof (the one that you hold on to to get in and out of the car) -- was hammered in -- easy fix.
2. Front seat plastic backing was hanging -- clamp was off -- easy fix.
3. Muffler was rumbling, weird noise level up -- clamp was off -- easy fix.
4. Engine chugging -- spark plug replaced.
5. Back seats rattling wildly and violently at high speeds -- wheel balancing did not solve the problem -- still rattle.
6. Power steering and pump failed.
Speed & handling, when it works.
Overall mechanical redesign is needed. Substandard parts from Mexico are used throughout the vehicle, which result in both cosmetic and mechanical problems.
I bought a used black 2008 V6 SRX with 28K miles this year.
I added the 20-inch sport wheels and it looks fantastic from any angle.
Must have been pampered by the former owner as it's nearly flawless after over four years.
I wish I had the Ultraview sunroof, but it's one less thing to break in the long run.
Potential buyers beware of water leaks around the back hatch that leave water in the tire jack storage well.
It's an expensive fix (700+$), and that's if you catch it early and there's no other damage.
Other than that one problem, I love this car.
20-inch Sport Package (mesh grill front and rear)
Nicely done interior
Smoothness of drive train
Needs inside button for power hatch
Gas mileage ain't so great - even w/RWD V6
Larger digital speedometer readout
Bought the vehicle used three months ago and love the way it drives on long distances. However with only 56000 the transmission burned out all of the clutches. I had taken it to the dealer but they told me is was a computer issue. It wasn't so the out of town dealer had to completely rebuild the transmission while on vacation. Day after repair we drove it 1100 miles home without a problem. Got 22 mpg on highway at 74 mph. We love the Cadillac.
Ride, interior, moon roof, auto start to warm up or cool down.
There is not much storage for driver and passenger items in the cabin.