2008 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Best Car I've Owned
By Macdaddy on 11/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought nearly 3 years ago now-fully loaded V8 with sport package. Never a problem or even recall. Just change the oil. I wish all cars could be this good and trouble-free.

Don't overlook an SRX
By Jeff Sunshine on 11/10/08 12:04 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I have a V8 awd with the sport package. The car has 20k miles on it and all I did was change oil (twice). So much for consumer reports saying its unreliable. Love the SRX because it handles like a well designed car and accelerates with ease. Everything works the way its supposed to and this car has been very reliable so far. Drive way better than the V6 trucks from BMW, MB and Lexus and you will save money. Test drive this car before getting saddled to a boring vanilla vehicle recommended by consumer reports. By the way this Caddy does fine off road and in the snow

Gaz guzzler
By tnt71 on 05/13/08 11:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The worst first: this car is the worst car on gas I have ever owned. A friend of mine that has the V6 told me it is just as bad as the V8. 11 MPG! The V8 is very powerful and quiet. Comfortable inside except the third row. Car has a heavy feel but seems to handle well.

Traded in our 2006 Lexus 400h
By crossbuilder on 02/16/08 11:58 AM (PST)

2008 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I'm 75 years old, have owned countless cars, and this is the best all around vehicle to date. The Lexus 400h [yes it rattled]was the 2nd worst, which barely beat out the 1974 Chevy Vega.

Our best car yet!
By ROJO340 on 12/31/07 20:39 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We traded a 2005 Escalade in on this car. I was very pleased with the Escalade and was hesitant at first with the SRX, but wow. We got the magnet ride, and it can't be better. Cadillac is missing the boat by not advertising this car as much as the others. We tested the Enclave and the Acadia. Go with the Caddy.

Well there you go !
By Nigel on 12/10/07 14:45 PM (PST)

2008 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I thought I'd do it ... delve into the American car market .. and I have to say ... what a mistake I made. You pay for what you get and this vehicle I suppose sums that up. Nice on the outside and inside I suppose but the drive and the handling .. appalling. Why is it American cars only drive well on a straight flat roads? Here in Europe we have no such thing and can't you tell with this car. Had an X5 and a Range Rover Sport before .. and now I know why. Nevermind .. it does look nice on the drive .. but that's about it. When will Americans ever build .. a decent car? I love to think they will one day. Well I have to go for a wallow down to the local supermarket now.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.