2007 Cadillac SRX Consumer Review: My first SUV / CUV is also Ame

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Review

My first SUV / CUV is also American
By 3dobuzz on

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After being with Audi, Mercedes, and Infiniti for the last 16 years, the SRX is a great find. We picked up a slightly used SRX4 with just under 1,600 miles for $11K under list. We also opted for the Cadillac certification so we have 5 years of $0- decuctible bumper-to-bumper warranty on it. I have already brought it in to address a couple of items like the sunroof being slow/stuck and the clock being noisy (sunroof motor and clock replaced w/o questions). The interior is just about as luxurious as the germans, my 12 year old likes curling up in the 3rd row after tiring sports, and the V8 performs. If it only got 25 mpg, it would be perfect.

Rides and handles well for a heavy vehicle. V8 growl, 3rd-row flexibility, intuitive integrated audio and navigation, seats are plush and supportive.

V8 on thirsty side, No "resume" on crusise control, could do with more power outlets up front, heat should travel to second and third row vents, center console mounted video screen a little small. Too much upselling during OnStar activation which took 60 minutes to complete.
By skwerlabusr
on 12/28/10 12:09 PM (PST)

My sunroof motor went out on me. It started making horrible shuddering noises like a drill or something and now it won't respond at all. I was wondering how much you paid (or the warranty paid) to replace the sunroof motor?