Used 2007 Cadillac SRX V8 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Beware
By Belinda Bennett

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I leased this car in March of 2007 new. I have had nothing but trouble since. The car stopped on me twice, transmission problems and had to be towed each time. Rear end problems twice, tire problems all of the time, and a tire gauge that never stops flashing. When I asked about getting rid of the car I was told everything that was wrong could be fixed and nothing could be done about it. I am afraid to go out of town in this car. Seven weeks ago (Aug. or Sept.2010)the bearings on the passenger side were replaced. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. The car is beautiful in looks but not fit to be placed in the Cadillac class. I am glad the lease is almost over. Never again.

Favorite Features

Navigation.

Suggested Improvements

Almost everything.

V8 Sport RWD...great used buy
By gwcpasrx

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought used off lease from a used car lot. Needed utility, tow capacity, over 6200 GVWR for tax purposes. V8 RWD sport package/black is a great looking car. Previously had an Infiniti G35 rwd, and this car is close in perfomance, but I can tow my boats and have room in the back. Rear seat has been used for teenagers on an hour trip, and they didn't mind at all. I love driving this car every day at the price I paid used (about 50% less than new with 28K miles). Car is fast, will leave 2 stripes of rubber with locking rear. Did get stuck last weekend in soft grass...AWD would have been nice, but otherwise, I don't miss it.

Favorite Features

V8Power, 6 speed trans, Ultraview roof, sport package looks, stereo quality (no nav.) Like the leather, dash, display quality. Onstar is worth the money, use the hands free dialing a few times a week.

Suggested Improvements

Well, this design is dead, but have had a couple problems. Currently have a big rear end clunk from a worn bushing, which is not uncommon. Fuel economy is not a problem for a big car with a V8 and heavy foot. Charging system seems to be a problem, but battery replaced under warranty. nice car.

I will trade SRX when select the new car
By Aleksey Toporkov

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Steering wheel can not be adjusted towards driver. If you like to have steering wheel close to you and you are tall, knees will push against the dashboard and keys. Seating is rather sports car than SUV (legs will be very high). TERRIBLE leg room for the front passenger - check the narrowing on the left. Navigation system is lousy: touch screen is very non-responsive, route (pink) is colored almost the same as the other roads (red), very frustrating - trying to find something on map manually with assisting windows popping up w/o need and making the search area narrow. 3rd row seating only suits small kids. 2nd row mid seat tall passenger bumps head against switches. Resale value - disaster.

2007 Cadillac SRX, V8
By Foudre

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We've owned Cadillacs over 30 years but this is first crossover vehicle. It is exceptionally efficient on ice and snow. Would I buy another SRX? Probably not. When I have passengers in the SRX there is no place for my purse except in cargo area which is very inconvenient. Mileage per gallon is poor and the small gas tank requires frequent stops to buy gasoline. Rear entry door is exceedingly slow opening and closing. Aluminum trim on heat vents on dash reflect and glare badly in both outside rear view windows, a serious problem. Lacks interior dash control for rear entry door, very inconvenient.

Favorite Features

SRX is fun to drive, powerful, comfortable, totally efficient on ice and snow. Large sunroof is nice.

Suggested Improvements

Improve mileage; eliminate aluminum trim on dash and/or reposition real view mirrors; gas fill should be on driver's side; enlarge gas tank; gear shift should be on steering wheel; need button on dash for opening/closing rear door.

My first SUV / CUV is also American
By 3dobuzz

2007 Cadillac SRX SUV V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After being with Audi, Mercedes, and Infiniti for the last 16 years, the SRX is a great find. We picked up a slightly used SRX4 with just under 1,600 miles for $11K under list. We also opted for the Cadillac certification so we have 5 years of $0- decuctible bumper-to-bumper warranty on it. I have already brought it in to address a couple of items like the sunroof being slow/stuck and the clock being noisy (sunroof motor and clock replaced w/o questions). The interior is just about as luxurious as the germans, my 12 year old likes curling up in the 3rd row after tiring sports, and the V8 performs. If it only got 25 mpg, it would be perfect.

Favorite Features

Rides and handles well for a heavy vehicle. V8 growl, 3rd-row flexibility, intuitive integrated audio and navigation, seats are plush and supportive.

Suggested Improvements

V8 on thirsty side, No "resume" on crusise control, could do with more power outlets up front, heat should travel to second and third row vents, center console mounted video screen a little small. Too much upselling during OnStar activation which took 60 minutes to complete.