2007 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Beware
By Belinda Bennett on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I leased this car in March of 2007 new. I have had nothing but trouble since. The car stopped on me twice, transmission problems and had to be towed each time. Rear end problems twice, tire problems all of the time, and a tire gauge that never stops flashing. When I asked about getting rid of the car I was told everything that was wrong could be fixed and nothing could be done about it. I am afraid to go out of town in this car. Seven weeks ago (Aug. or Sept.2010)the bearings on the passenger side were replaced. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. The car is beautiful in looks but not fit to be placed in the Cadillac class. I am glad the lease is almost over. Never again.

V8 Sport RWD...great used buy
By gwcpasrx on 01/01/10 21:24 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Bought used off lease from a used car lot. Needed utility, tow capacity, over 6200 GVWR for tax purposes. V8 RWD sport package/black is a great looking car. Previously had an Infiniti G35 rwd, and this car is close in perfomance, but I can tow my boats and have room in the back. Rear seat has been used for teenagers on an hour trip, and they didn't mind at all. I love driving this car every day at the price I paid used (about 50% less than new with 28K miles). Car is fast, will leave 2 stripes of rubber with locking rear. Did get stuck last weekend in soft grass...AWD would have been nice, but otherwise, I don't miss it.

I will trade SRX when select the new car
By Aleksey Toporkov on 06/23/09 12:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Steering wheel can not be adjusted towards driver. If you like to have steering wheel close to you and you are tall, knees will push against the dashboard and keys. Seating is rather sports car than SUV (legs will be very high). TERRIBLE leg room for the front passenger - check the narrowing on the left. Navigation system is lousy: touch screen is very non-responsive, route (pink) is colored almost the same as the other roads (red), very frustrating - trying to find something on map manually with assisting windows popping up w/o need and making the search area narrow. 3rd row seating only suits small kids. 2nd row mid seat tall passenger bumps head against switches. Resale value - disaster.

2007 Cadillac SRX, V8
By Foudre on 04/26/08 22:20 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

We've owned Cadillacs over 30 years but this is first crossover vehicle. It is exceptionally efficient on ice and snow. Would I buy another SRX? Probably not. When I have passengers in the SRX there is no place for my purse except in cargo area which is very inconvenient. Mileage per gallon is poor and the small gas tank requires frequent stops to buy gasoline. Rear entry door is exceedingly slow opening and closing. Aluminum trim on heat vents on dash reflect and glare badly in both outside rear view windows, a serious problem. Lacks interior dash control for rear entry door, very inconvenient.

My first SUV / CUV is also American
By 3dobuzz on 12/29/07 16:55 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

After being with Audi, Mercedes, and Infiniti for the last 16 years, the SRX is a great find. We picked up a slightly used SRX4 with just under 1,600 miles for $11K under list. We also opted for the Cadillac certification so we have 5 years of $0- decuctible bumper-to-bumper warranty on it. I have already brought it in to address a couple of items like the sunroof being slow/stuck and the clock being noisy (sunroof motor and clock replaced w/o questions). The interior is just about as luxurious as the germans, my 12 year old likes curling up in the 3rd row after tiring sports, and the V8 performs. If it only got 25 mpg, it would be perfect.

Great Performance.but will not repeat
By healthguy on 12/28/07 20:25 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

This car reminds me of the NY Yankees. On paper, it just can't be beat. On the road, and day to day there are some glaring misses. Unless this is fixed in the next model year, I will not buy again. Now my detail: A great handler. Excellent solid feel of the road. Beautful look and touch. Quiet and smooth ride. Now the problem; 1) Terrible heat and air control for back seats. 2) No button to open the hatch, you have to use the remote, and that takes practice. 3) with the rear ent system, you only get 1 cd/dvd. Just one, what's the deal with that? 4)3rd row electric seat is a death march and not simple either. Nothing like waiting 3 minutes in the rain for a seat.

I Love The SRX
By Jay on 12/04/07 14:10 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I just bought an SRX. It rides so good. We have 2 kids And they do not like to sit in the same seat so the thrid row comes handy. We put in a DVD player. I love the sunroof and the one in the thrid row.

I just love to look at it!
By JJJ on 10/28/07 12:26 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I love this car with a few minor exceptions. With the sport package, the 20 inch wheels, and all black outside, there are not very many better looking SUVs on the road. With the V8, it's just plain fast. But, I am only getting 13.5 MPG, less than in the Escalade I traded in. And, the Escalade took regular gas. Seats could be a bit more comfortable but not bad.

2007 SRX V8 AWD
By Jeff on 08/24/07 11:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I purchased a V8 AWD with the sport package. The V6 SRX is more than adequate but for a little less gas mileage the V8 makes the SRX that much more enjoyable. Here is a first for me, after owning German, American and Japanese luxury cars, this is the first time I did not need to go back to the dealer to correct a minor or major problem. You heard right, no issues at all for the first 4 month and 4000 miles. The SRX drives extremely well, very responsive controlled ride, very fast and the six speed shifts at the right times even w/o electing to shift yourself. Workmanship and the new interior are world class. I am not easy to please but this is the best crossover out there and blows Lexus away

Not Worth The Money
By Brighton on 06/18/07 06:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The V8 engine works well on flat straight roads. With the mountain driving I do, the 6 speed is geared too high and it continously losses powers and shifts, even in the S mode. In a 25 mile stretch of mountain driving the engine shifted 40 times in regular drive and 33 times in the "s" mode. Very dissappointed in the performance of this car. The back up warning is useless, the is only a audio warning when you are within 12 to 18 inches of an object and only if your reverse speed is 3 to 5 mph. Otherwise you are required to look about the back window for lights to determine if there is something behind you.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.