2007 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Long-term Evaluation
By calang1 on 12/30/13 04:35 AM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned this 2007 SRX AWD V-6 about 4-years. It now has 90K miles. The car has been very reliable, and we've only ever paid for routine maintenance. There are a few problems you should be aware of. (1) The engine consumes several qts. of oil between changes. (2) The build integrity is fair-poor, as evidenced by numerous squeaks and rattles. (3) The passenger foot-well is extremely narrow, and uncomfortable. (4) Fuel mileage is much lower than advertised. We experience 15/20.

Great value, great service
By jbowen52 on 01/13/11 20:27 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this used with 45000 miles. It has performed great for me. Smooth ride, great seats, great handling for a tall crossover and a great value. Performance with the V6 is adequate, but it is pulling a heavy vehicle with AWD. Have not needed more yet. I considered the GMC Acadia and clones, but this was less than any of them with similar age and miles despite a higher initial price. Some minor interior issues were resolved quickly by the local dealer under warranty. Mileage runs low 20s highway, not bad with AWD at high speed and high teens around town. Love it so far and would buy another but new one doesn't offer the third row seat, useful with the grandkids.

SRX
By DAARON on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Nice ride, for a short wheel base has a very smooth ride. The V6 has plenty on get up and go, but it doesn't have the power to keep it at a 70 mph run.Hardly ever is in 5th gear. If you watch the rpm you will notice an increase and still running 60 or 70 . that's why the fuel economy is so poor. I get about 21.5 hwy.But I'll pay the price for the ride and reliability

Performance!
By Nice Guy 568 on 03/03/10 15:07 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Cadillac SRX is an excellent cross over SUV compare to Volvo X90. The price can be reasonable if you know your budget, what are you looking for a Cadillac.

Terrible In Snow
By Art Crump on 02/10/10 06:41 AM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Initial driving and ride were very impressive. Did a little research prior to buying, and snow driving was rated?? Just below the Volvo? they must have been talking about the AWD, My RWD makes me want to take it back. Recent snow storms have immobilized the vehicle.

2007 SRX V6 Utility package
By AColl on 10/06/09 14:36 PM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Good looks and convienient, very useful, cargo space or 3rd seat, kids love it, too small for adults but this is a crossover anyway, not a minivan. front looks outdated, it should have been more like 07 cts, just a minor facelift could have been a tremendous benefit. Full of anoying electrical glitches, sunroof backs up when rear windoes are closing, can't be fixed, seat belt jammed and replaced twice. Don't buy this car w/o a warranty. Very good handling and performance for its size but slow compare to 2010 RSX. Electric rear seats are a slow, it should have been manual (like acura- MDX). Need better care to built and fix minor problems. Poor mileage. I would buy another one if improved.

Great experience 18mos into it
By timtx01 on 07/01/08 11:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I had not bought an American car since the late 1980s and was afraid to try it again. But this car was such a looker, drove so well and was priced so attractively that I couldn't turn it up. I have been very happy with the car, with the exception of the gas mileage. I do a mix of about half city/half highway driving and I manage to average 15-16 mpg. On the freeway I get 21-23 mpg depending on road/weather conditions. I think the car could probably benefit from a slightly larger wheel size but as that would only decrease MPG I am happy enough with what it came with.

Lemon
By sb1122 on 12/21/07 13:46 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

December 30th will be 1 year since we leased this car. Since then we have replaced 1 battery, 6 tires, (all locations), 2 front wheels, a timing chain, a steering rack and a CV joint. While the servicing dealer has been great the fact remains that we still have a "vibration", or "rumble" at various speeds. Since filing lemon law papers and bringing back car for "last chance" repair, we are now informed that this is "typical/usual" to this car. They didn't say that the first 4 times car was in & they replaced wheels and tires. Otherwise we love the car!

Cathy's review
By Catthy on 12/07/07 14:44 PM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've never written a review before but I felt this car deserves one. I can't say enough nice things about this car...great ride, easy to handle, sharp styling. Lots of fun to drive and very roomy.

Disappointed
By Rogerg on 12/04/07 10:12 AM (PST)

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Cadillac is unable to resolve a problem with hesitation when going up hills. Otherwise car handles well and is essentially a large station wagon. Gas mileage is poorer than window sticker.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.