Used 2007 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2007 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Most Helpful|
Stay Away
By dme2

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased this car used, as we never buy brand new. Have owned and Eacalade ESV, Mercedes M Class, Audi A4, etc prior. Never have I had a car that I hated more than this. Poor gas mileage, slow to accelerate, oil always low, panoramic roof broke twice, lost just goes on and on. Constant mechanical issues. Took to dealer a few months ago because steering gave out. Gave me a list of things wrong including the entire power steering system. Every last bit of that was shot. Unacceptable for a car with 100K on i and a car I properly maintained. These problems added up to the tune of $6,000. That was last straw. Traded it, got nothing for it, but so happy to be rid of it. Went with a Lexus RX 350

Favorite Features

Heated seats, power third row, panoramic roof (when it's not broken!)

Suggested Improvements

Make the car last and run! This is why people stay away from American cars.

Long-term Evaluation
By calang1

2007 Cadillac SRX V6 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We've owned this 2007 SRX AWD V-6 about 4-years. It now has 90K miles. The car has been very reliable, and we've only ever paid for routine maintenance. There are a few problems you should be aware of. (1) The engine consumes several qts. of oil between changes. (2) The build integrity is fair-poor, as evidenced by numerous squeaks and rattles. (3) The passenger foot-well is extremely narrow, and uncomfortable. (4) Fuel mileage is much lower than advertised. We experience 15/20.

Favorite Features

Ride is superb for long trips; almost like driving your sofa. AWD system works well.

Suggested Improvements

If you're in the market, I'd suggest avoiding the V-6 in favor of the V-8. The six is under-powered and its purported fuel economy seems a false promise.

I will trade SRX when select the new car
By Aleksey Toporkov

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

Steering wheel can not be adjusted towards driver. If you like to have steering wheel close to you and you are tall, knees will push against the dashboard and keys. Seating is rather sports car than SUV (legs will be very high). TERRIBLE leg room for the front passenger - check the narrowing on the left. Navigation system is lousy: touch screen is very non-responsive, route (pink) is colored almost the same as the other roads (red), very frustrating - trying to find something on map manually with assisting windows popping up w/o need and making the search area narrow. 3rd row seating only suits small kids. 2nd row mid seat tall passenger bumps head against switches. Resale value - disaster.

Beware
By Belinda Bennett

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

I leased this car in March of 2007 new. I have had nothing but trouble since. The car stopped on me twice, transmission problems and had to be towed each time. Rear end problems twice, tire problems all of the time, and a tire gauge that never stops flashing. When I asked about getting rid of the car I was told everything that was wrong could be fixed and nothing could be done about it. I am afraid to go out of town in this car. Seven weeks ago (Aug. or Sept.2010)the bearings on the passenger side were replaced. I would not recommend this vehicle to anyone. The car is beautiful in looks but not fit to be placed in the Cadillac class. I am glad the lease is almost over. Never again.

Favorite Features

Navigation.

Suggested Improvements

Almost everything.

Not Worth The Money
By Brighton

2007 Cadillac SRX V8 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 6A)

The V8 engine works well on flat straight roads. With the mountain driving I do, the 6 speed is geared too high and it continously losses powers and shifts, even in the S mode. In a 25 mile stretch of mountain driving the engine shifted 40 times in regular drive and 33 times in the "s" mode. Very dissappointed in the performance of this car. The back up warning is useless, the is only a audio warning when you are within 12 to 18 inches of an object and only if your reverse speed is 3 to 5 mph. Otherwise you are required to look about the back window for lights to determine if there is something behind you.

Favorite Features

Roomy seats, surround sound

Suggested Improvements

Less than two overdrives. Sales people need to be honest with us mountain people that this car is not geared for that type of driving and the performance will be less that satisfactory.