2006 Cadillac SRX Consumer Review: This is a great car

2006 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Review

This is a great car
By k_man60 on

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased our 2006 Cadillac SRX for my wife in 2009. It was a low milage unit and it was exactly what we were looking for. Aside from some normal maintenance issues we have not had any major issues with this car. The car runs well and while it doesn't get 40 MPG the fuel economy is pretty good for a V8. The SRX has a great ride and is a sporty looking unit for a family wagon. We haven't had any of the problems other posters have had. Must be the luck of the Irish. I also do my preventative maintenance (oil changes, inspections etc.).

Panoramic Sun Roof Bose Sound System 5 Speed Transmission and AWD. We live in Calgary and we get plenty of snow. Power Tail Gate Heated Seats Programable Drivers Seat.

The Navigational System could be improved upon. The GPS is very accurate but the Nav System itself is a bit difficult to program even with the manual. The upgrade for the Nav CD is also very expensive. I have a after market Megellan GPS System in my truck that is far superior and much user friendly than this one is and the upgrades are far less expensive.