2006 Cadillac SRX Consumer Review: Sensible, Safe Luxury

2006 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Review

V6 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Sensible, Safe Luxury
By paul on

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have a family of four and we wanted an AWD SUV with the optional 3rd row seat. I wanted something sporty and fast, my wife wanted the ideal soccer mom ride. The SRX is both, a great family hauler that feels safe and is reliable in all conditions. We love the heated seats, handling in ice and snow, traction control and stopping power. But wait, this vehicle is fast and handles extremely well, feeling like a luxury sedan and not a nicely wrapped truck. It has beautiful fit and finish, great Bose sound, and a quiet interior. I did exhaustive research before buying, comparing the SRX to the MDX and RAV4. It was no contest, and I've never owned a Cadillac before.

The 3rd row seat, cool power fold, useful for up to seven people on short trips or with small kids. It has an awesome V6 engine that has plenty of getup and go and decent mileage (I get 18 mpg heavy footed). Its handling is tight, not slushy like a big car or heavy like the truck platform SUVs.

The front console encroaches on the pedal space. The rear bumper needs protection from scratches. It is expensive to repair.