Nice Ride
By Bill Foo on
2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I traded in a 2004 Infiniti FX35 for a Cadillac SRX because my wife found the ride on the FX to be too harsh and the cargo space lacking. The SRX rides as one would expect a Cadillac -- very smooth and soft, yet the handling is quite acceptable. Oddly enough the FX had better gas mileage. On a round trip from Long Island, NY to Allentown, PA I achieved 18 MPG on the SRX averaging 70-80 mph. Similar conditions with the FX yielded 21 MPG. The last time I owned an American car was in 1982. I've gone foreign ever since. GM has done something nice here to win me back. Overall I'm very pleased with the purchase, but wish the acceleration to be slightly better; perhaps I should have gotten the V8.
Favorite Features
I like this vehicle's luxurious feel and ride. It has ample cargo space. I really like its cutting edge styling (love it or hate it). It has a great sunroof and ergonomically designed controls. I like the rear A/C settings too. OnStar and the Verizon handsfree phone hookup are great. The rear DVD system with wireless headphones eliminates the "our we there yet?" comments from the kids.
Suggested Improvements
The acceleration sounds like a NYC bus. When viewing performance indicators on the screen (i.e. fuel range, instantaneous mileage, cruising range..etc) you can only view one at a time. It would be nice to see several in one clip. The rear sensors are OK, but a back-up camera option would be much better.