Check out the Rest, Then Go for the SRX
By Dad w/Kids on
2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
I've put over 60,000 miles on my V6 AWD SRX, and have enjoyed the superior comfort, drive handling, and performance in adverse weather conditions. This cross-over just feels safe in all conditions, a comfort when hauling kids and on long trips. I'm a great fan of station wagons, but find the SRX to drive even better with superb luxury. Great in snow, mud and on slippery roads. Cadillac bested my first choice, the Acura MDX, with its better looks, regular gas, and sporty handling.
Favorite Features
Regular gas, handling in all conditions, and personally love the styling. Great 3rd row seat has held even adults in a pinch. (I have ignored criticisms in this are because I accept it was built only for kids and short hauls, after all, its not a mini van). Nice power lift gate.
Suggested Improvements
Small things here and there, mostly addressed in newer models. Hard to access 3rd row seat, but fine for kids once they get seated. Only trouble I've had with build quality was the replacement of the timing chain at 40,000 miles, not sure why, but fully covered by warranty