Used 2006 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Most Helpful|
USED CAR PURCHASE/JUST WHAT WE ESPECTED.
By Bob & Louise

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We are dissatisfied with the certification done on the vehicle prior to purchase. Within 4 mos. of purchase, we have had to replaced a right turn signal bulb, the air lift shocks on the trunk lift gate which failed on October 1, 2009. The vehicle was purchased May, 2009. The gas propelled lift game failed and the trunk collapse on my head, causing me to be knocked unconscious for 30 minutes,the back windshield-wiper- defrost equipment completely faioed ad exploded around me with 1000 of pieces of black glass showered all over me and the back trunk of the car. I was hospitalized with neck trauma,etc. causing 3 1/2 days in hospital & incurring a back window replacement by a Mobile compan

Favorite Features

The handling and the comfort is the best. Exactly what we hoped for after driving a 96 tahoe for 12 years. The new controls are wonder, and since my husband & I both have serious arthritis, degenerative disc disease & knee problems, our recent trip out of town of approx. 7 hours round trip was wo

Suggested Improvements

Smoother tire ride, seems to feel every bump. Gas and oil consumption could always be improved, but what can you expect for a luxury used car.

VERY UNHAPPY WITH PURCHASE
By theresas3

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car October 2013. 2 weeks after the motor blew. Fortunately we were able to get GM to cover the costs of replacing the motor. then i was back in again to have the entire strut assembly replaced, not long after that i went in to have wheel barings replaed (i was ok with that) then again back in to have the water pump replaced. ive only owned this car 6 months. Now i am having some issues again that the service techinicians cant seem to figure out. I had my oil changed on March 6th. On April 23rd i took my car back in do it acting weird and find out i only have 1 qt of oil in it although i had 6 qts put in it 1 1/2 months before... they have no idea what wrong now... very unhappy

2006 Cadillac SRX Don't waste your money
By shellyj

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car because it was more of a luxury car don't waste your money. Bought car 9/09 list of problems sense then. Lights burn out to often, have to get car Aligned every 5000 miles, been thru 4 sets of tires, with proper rotation every 5000 miles, Bushing on front wore out, Front brakes wore out 3 times, cadlic converter went out, A/C went bad, Water pump bad, replaced struts, Replaced spark plugs, motor mount broke, and to top it off 4 times, my car will spit and sputter going down road, check engine shows miss fire. Mechanic shows nothing wrong. Have spent $1500.00 becuase mechanic's keep guessing at problem. No one can figure it out.

This is a great car
By k_man60

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased our 2006 Cadillac SRX for my wife in 2009. It was a low milage unit and it was exactly what we were looking for. Aside from some normal maintenance issues we have not had any major issues with this car. The car runs well and while it doesn't get 40 MPG the fuel economy is pretty good for a V8. The SRX has a great ride and is a sporty looking unit for a family wagon. We haven't had any of the problems other posters have had. Must be the luck of the Irish. I also do my preventative maintenance (oil changes, inspections etc.).

Favorite Features

Panoramic Sun Roof Bose Sound System 5 Speed Transmission and AWD. We live in Calgary and we get plenty of snow. Power Tail Gate Heated Seats Programable Drivers Seat.

Suggested Improvements

The Navigational System could be improved upon. The GPS is very accurate but the Nav System itself is a bit difficult to program even with the manual. The upgrade for the Nav CD is also very expensive. I have a after market Megellan GPS System in my truck that is far superior and much user friendly than this one is and the upgrades are far less expensive.

SRX puts the Sport in SUV
By thomas2006

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Smooth, Fast and fun to drive. I traded in my 2008 Mustang GT and I haven't looked back. I would buy another anytime. I drive over 80 miles a day to work and back. I now look forward to the trip. You can't beat the Bose stereo. It is almost a surreal experience.

Favorite Features

Fast V8 and Great Stereo

Suggested Improvements

I could use improvment in the GAS milage department.