Used 2006 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 65 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

It's simply the best
By sharimac

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is a SPORT UTILITY. Mine had 69k miles and two weak cylinders when I bought it. The engine still lasted for 3 years. Only maintenance was the regular oil changes/tire rotation. But I love the car so much it was well worth spending 10k for a new motor at 122k. The transmission lasted 170k. Like with anything wear and tear things will need to be fixed and replaced. It's easy handling, easy to park. I'm older now and getting in and out of it is so easy even for my elderly mother.
Always having a sports car in the past it handles remarkably well. Has real good acceleration not like a sports car, but then it isn't one. I've hauled a 12' utility trailer with a Goldwing across country twice. Mind you that was pushing the cars' GVW. But it did it along with 4 other round trips from Albuquerque to Jacksonville Florida. I myself have put over 100k miles on this car and I still love it.

Maintenance costs make it not worth it.
By Adrian

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car used when it 7 years old and had 60k on it... not bad. I put ALOT of highway miles on it because my son lived 4 hours away (at the time). In the beginning it was a very smooth ride; very quiet, with power to spare. The next couple of years, however, has been full of major mechanical problems and the parts for this thing are really expensive. I would encourage anyone considering this car to reconsider and look elsewhere. The cost of oil changes alone can run from $70 to $100 a pop.

VERY UNHAPPY WITH PURCHASE
By theresas3

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car October 2013. 2 weeks after the motor blew. Fortunately we were able to get GM to cover the costs of replacing the motor. then i was back in again to have the entire strut assembly replaced, not long after that i went in to have wheel barings replaed (i was ok with that) then again back in to have the water pump replaced. ive only owned this car 6 months. Now i am having some issues again that the service techinicians cant seem to figure out. I had my oil changed on March 6th. On April 23rd i took my car back in do it acting weird and find out i only have 1 qt of oil in it although i had 6 qts put in it 1 1/2 months before... they have no idea what wrong now... very unhappy

2006 Cadillac SRX Don't waste your money
By shellyj

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car because it was more of a luxury car don't waste your money.
Bought car 9/09 list of problems sense then.
Lights burn out to often, have to get car Aligned every 5000 miles, been thru 4 sets of tires, with proper rotation every 5000 miles, Bushing on front wore out, Front brakes wore out 3 times, cadlic converter went out, A/C went bad, Water pump bad, replaced struts, Replaced spark plugs, motor mount broke, and to top it off 4 times, my car will spit and sputter going down road, check engine shows miss fire.
Mechanic shows nothing wrong.
Have spent $1500.00 becuase mechanic's keep guessing at problem.
No one can figure it out.

No problems
By bukkyt81

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 06 SRX in august of last year and i am happy with my buy. The car is very powerful and fun to drive. i have yet to have an issue with the car except to replace the rear wheel bearings which the warranty covered..

Smooth ride