Used 2006 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Sensible, Safe Luxury
By paul

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have a family of four and we wanted an AWD SUV with the optional 3rd row seat. I wanted something sporty and fast, my wife wanted the ideal soccer mom ride. The SRX is both, a great family hauler that feels safe and is reliable in all conditions. We love the heated seats, handling in ice and snow, traction control and stopping power. But wait, this vehicle is fast and handles extremely well, feeling like a luxury sedan and not a nicely wrapped truck. It has beautiful fit and finish, great Bose sound, and a quiet interior. I did exhaustive research before buying, comparing the SRX to the MDX and RAV4. It was no contest, and I've never owned a Cadillac before.

The 3rd row seat, cool power fold, useful for up to seven people on short trips or with small kids. It has an awesome V6 engine that has plenty of getup and go and decent mileage (I get 18 mpg heavy footed). Its handling is tight, not slushy like a big car or heavy like the truck platform SUVs.

The front console encroaches on the pedal space. The rear bumper needs protection from scratches. It is expensive to repair.

Not the Old Man's Car
By strack

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This SUV handles more like a car than a SUV. I have had it for seven months and love it! You think you are driving a sports car when you are not.

Styling and comfort

The Homelink system should be standard and the radio should automatically display any changes in the songs on XM (this is all I can think of).

Pleasent Suprise
By john

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I spent 95% of my time looking at other cars and the final 5% looking at / researching the Cadillac SRX and wow was I surprised. It's kind of like finding that great restaurant / hotel / vacation spot and not wanting to tell anyone about it to keep it "exclusive."

Its great value.

None so far.

A Good Choice
By Andolena

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2006 V8 SRX with All Wheel Drive. I have to say that the V8 engine makes quite a difference (my mother has the V6). However, you really only feel the extra power if you accelerate while already moving (like passing) and then it flies! Off the line this vehicle sort of lumbers as it is quite heavy. Also, my SRX does feel much sturdier and less hollow than the V6, I'm not sure why. My drive to work is 40 minutes and I actually enjoy it now, it is very relaxed and has a great factory stereo... as opposed to my VERY unreliable Saab which had less than 30,000 miles! My only complaint is that I can't seem to adjust the seat to be 100% comfortable. I think this car is just not made for women who are 5' 2"!

Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By Driver

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Of the 48 cars I have owned so far, including MB, Lincoln, Bentley and Volvo, this is easily the best in terms of fun to drive, reliability and comfort. Many of the Asian cars had no power passenger seat; many insisted on 4 wheel drive which I neither need nor want. Caddy built this one for me and I'm delighted.

I love the driving experience, seat height, and reliability. Back up warning beepers are something I would never again be without. So far all I've done is add gas. I haven't been back to dealer for anything.

I'd like a little more chrome around the windows, etc.

• SUV