2006 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
VERY UNHAPPY WITH PURCHASE
By theresas3 on 05/02/14 11:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car October 2013. 2 weeks after the motor blew. Fortunately we were able to get GM to cover the costs of replacing the motor. then i was back in again to have the entire strut assembly replaced, not long after that i went in to have wheel barings replaed (i was ok with that) then again back in to have the water pump replaced. ive only owned this car 6 months. Now i am having some issues again that the service techinicians cant seem to figure out. I had my oil changed on March 6th. On April 23rd i took my car back in do it acting weird and find out i only have 1 qt of oil in it although i had 6 qts put in it 1 1/2 months before... they have no idea what wrong now... very unhappy

2006 Cadillac SRX Don't waste your money
By shellyj on 08/12/13 07:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car because it was more of a luxury car don't waste your money. Bought car 9/09 list of problems sense then. Lights burn out to often, have to get car Aligned every 5000 miles, been thru 4 sets of tires, with proper rotation every 5000 miles, Bushing on front wore out, Front brakes wore out 3 times, cadlic converter went out, A/C went bad, Water pump bad, replaced struts, Replaced spark plugs, motor mount broke, and to top it off 4 times, my car will spit and sputter going down road, check engine shows miss fire. Mechanic shows nothing wrong. Have spent $1500.00 becuase mechanic's keep guessing at problem. No one can figure it out.

No problems
By bukkyt81 on 10/10/12 09:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 06 SRX in august of last year and i am happy with my buy. The car is very powerful and fun to drive. i have yet to have an issue with the car except to replace the rear wheel bearings which the warranty covered..

Don't be lured by luxury!
By donnak48 on 09/18/11 06:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have read many reviews regarding the SRX, nearly all of them positive. However.... I have owned my 2006 for just over 2 years now and can't even count the number of times I've had to take it to the shop for major repairs. These include the panorama sun roof not closing, the wheel bearings needing to be replaced not once but twice, check engine light coming on for reasons the shop was unable to duplicate (of course!), electrical issues causing the engine to quit and the final straw-no compression to the engine, which required a tow to the dealership, a call to GM, and more than a week's worth of repairs. I have absolutely had it with this car! $6000+ in repairs in 2 years? Not acceptable.

Better than the new one
By mattjames24 on 12/28/10 13:00 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased as a demo fully loaded (minus the navigation system and V8) and absolutely love the car. The magnetic ride control gives the car a performance/handling on par with BMW. The moonroof is great, especially when open on the long drive home from work. The only downside was the high cost of brake work after the service department failed to notice the wear. But all in all a great car and much better than the cheap, underpowered one released 2010. on the long drive home from work.

Electrical Issues
By seamoore on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Soon after purchase of this pre-owned Caddy, I noticed that the radio presets were lost, took in for service, "nothing wrong". Returned, said "internal error" AKA "we never looked!" Replaced the radio, Same problem after new radio installed. Returned back to dealership for 4th time when the windows were "stuck" half way open and no driver's side controls. Now they are going to replace the "unified switch body" and they say that this IS the problem. We'll see? Frustrated that no one seems to be able to find the problem. Anyone else have this issue?

Never thought I'd hate a Cadillac
By Laura on 09/01/10 18:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '06 SRX 2 months ago, and within the first week it started having electrical issues; radio presets lost memory, sunroof and windows wouldn't close, tilt reverse mirrors wouldn't work, and why it was stalling. The dealership handled the issue poorly, they've had the car for almost 25 days in the last 2 months & still couldn't fix the problem. I took it to another dealership for a 2nd opinion, and it was fixed within an hour. I guess it was a known issue for the battery and computer modules to be tighten, so that all electrical lbs of power can support all the functions. After about 3 days, all the issues came back again.

Great Car !!!!
By Shaunna on 11/12/09 04:44 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car a year and a half ago and the only problem Ive experienced is a dead cell in my battery which Cadillac replaced under warranty. It handles well in bad weather and is fun to drive. It does drink gas and oil and that could have been an issue standing for improvement. But, overall its a great car. I would purchase another. The best car Ive driven in my 13 yrs.

"Disapointed"
By pete m on 09/10/09 18:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a caddy because my dad always had caddy"s, and said you get a lot more for your money. I bought it when it had 59k on it. But being a "cadllac"I thought this would not be an issue. I have had nothing but repair after repair, and to top it off, it use"s "oil"... The dealer has told me that using a qt. Every 2k miles is considered normal!And there was nothing they could do. Told the dealer, my next car will be a Toyota.

Check out the Rest, Then Go for the SRX
By Dad w/Kids on 08/07/09 04:45 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've put over 60,000 miles on my V6 AWD SRX, and have enjoyed the superior comfort, drive handling, and performance in adverse weather conditions. This cross-over just feels safe in all conditions, a comfort when hauling kids and on long trips. I'm a great fan of station wagons, but find the SRX to drive even better with superb luxury. Great in snow, mud and on slippery roads. Cadillac bested my first choice, the Acura MDX, with its better looks, regular gas, and sporty handling.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.