Used 2006 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

VERY UNHAPPY WITH PURCHASE
By theresas3

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car October 2013. 2 weeks after the motor blew. Fortunately we were able to get GM to cover the costs of replacing the motor. then i was back in again to have the entire strut assembly replaced, not long after that i went in to have wheel barings replaed (i was ok with that) then again back in to have the water pump replaced. ive only owned this car 6 months. Now i am having some issues again that the service techinicians cant seem to figure out. I had my oil changed on March 6th. On April 23rd i took my car back in do it acting weird and find out i only have 1 qt of oil in it although i had 6 qts put in it 1 1/2 months before... they have no idea what wrong now... very unhappy

2006 Cadillac SRX Don't waste your money
By shellyj

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car because it was more of a luxury car don't waste your money. Bought car 9/09 list of problems sense then. Lights burn out to often, have to get car Aligned every 5000 miles, been thru 4 sets of tires, with proper rotation every 5000 miles, Bushing on front wore out, Front brakes wore out 3 times, cadlic converter went out, A/C went bad, Water pump bad, replaced struts, Replaced spark plugs, motor mount broke, and to top it off 4 times, my car will spit and sputter going down road, check engine shows miss fire. Mechanic shows nothing wrong. Have spent $1500.00 becuase mechanic's keep guessing at problem. No one can figure it out.

No problems
By bukkyt81

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 06 SRX in august of last year and i am happy with my buy. The car is very powerful and fun to drive. i have yet to have an issue with the car except to replace the rear wheel bearings which the warranty covered..

Favorite Features

Smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Better interior

SRX puts the Sport in SUV
By thomas2006

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Smooth, Fast and fun to drive. I traded in my 2008 Mustang GT and I haven't looked back. I would buy another anytime. I drive over 80 miles a day to work and back. I now look forward to the trip. You can't beat the Bose stereo. It is almost a surreal experience.

Favorite Features

Fast V8 and Great Stereo

Suggested Improvements

I could use improvment in the GAS milage department.

This is a great car
By k_man60

2006 Cadillac SRX SUV 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased our 2006 Cadillac SRX for my wife in 2009. It was a low milage unit and it was exactly what we were looking for. Aside from some normal maintenance issues we have not had any major issues with this car. The car runs well and while it doesn't get 40 MPG the fuel economy is pretty good for a V8. The SRX has a great ride and is a sporty looking unit for a family wagon. We haven't had any of the problems other posters have had. Must be the luck of the Irish. I also do my preventative maintenance (oil changes, inspections etc.).

Favorite Features

Panoramic Sun Roof Bose Sound System 5 Speed Transmission and AWD. We live in Calgary and we get plenty of snow. Power Tail Gate Heated Seats Programable Drivers Seat.

Suggested Improvements

The Navigational System could be improved upon. The GPS is very accurate but the Nav System itself is a bit difficult to program even with the manual. The upgrade for the Nav CD is also very expensive. I have a after market Megellan GPS System in my truck that is far superior and much user friendly than this one is and the upgrades are far less expensive.