Used 2006 Cadillac SRX V8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

SRX puts the Sport in SUV
By thomas2006

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Smooth, Fast and fun to drive. I traded in my 2008 Mustang GT and I haven't looked back. I would buy another anytime. I drive over 80 miles a day to work and back. I now look forward to the trip. You can't beat the Bose stereo. It is almost a surreal experience.

Fast V8 and Great Stereo

I could use improvment in the GAS milage department.

This is a great car
By k_man60

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased our 2006 Cadillac SRX for my wife in 2009. It was a low milage unit and it was exactly what we were looking for. Aside from some normal maintenance issues we have not had any major issues with this car. The car runs well and while it doesn't get 40 MPG the fuel economy is pretty good for a V8. The SRX has a great ride and is a sporty looking unit for a family wagon. We haven't had any of the problems other posters have had. Must be the luck of the Irish. I also do my preventative maintenance (oil changes, inspections etc.).

Panoramic Sun Roof Bose Sound System 5 Speed Transmission and AWD. We live in Calgary and we get plenty of snow. Power Tail Gate Heated Seats Programable Drivers Seat.

The Navigational System could be improved upon. The GPS is very accurate but the Nav System itself is a bit difficult to program even with the manual. The upgrade for the Nav CD is also very expensive. I have a after market Megellan GPS System in my truck that is far superior and much user friendly than this one is and the upgrades are far less expensive.

USED CAR PURCHASE/JUST WHAT WE ESPECTED.
By Bob & Louise

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We are dissatisfied with the certification done on the vehicle prior to purchase. Within 4 mos. of purchase, we have had to replaced a right turn signal bulb, the air lift shocks on the trunk lift gate which failed on October 1, 2009. The vehicle was purchased May, 2009. The gas propelled lift game failed and the trunk collapse on my head, causing me to be knocked unconscious for 30 minutes,the back windshield-wiper- defrost equipment completely faioed ad exploded around me with 1000 of pieces of black glass showered all over me and the back trunk of the car. I was hospitalized with neck trauma,etc. causing 3 1/2 days in hospital & incurring a back window replacement by a Mobile compan

The handling and the comfort is the best. Exactly what we hoped for after driving a 96 tahoe for 12 years. The new controls are wonder, and since my husband & I both have serious arthritis, degenerative disc disease & knee problems, our recent trip out of town of approx. 7 hours round trip was wo

Smoother tire ride, seems to feel every bump. Gas and oil consumption could always be improved, but what can you expect for a luxury used car.

Northstar
By Jake

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this V-8 used with 9,000 miles and now have 19,000 miles. My wife is the primary driver and she loves it. The All Wheel drive is great. The power rear tailgate is nice and makes it a snap to load at just the right height. We have not had any problems so far. The very best thing about the SRX with the Northstar is it is a blast to drive. This thing moves and handles very nice.

V-8, fun to drive

Put A/C vents in middle console for back seats.

Great truck
By Aleks

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm an automotive plastics engineer. I also own a bike and race car. I am very critical of quality and performance in anything I own or drive. I also own an 06 Toyota 4 runner. I'm happy to say that I am very impressed with the quality and performance of this truck. The seats are very comfortable, the glass roof (s) are very large with power shades on both, the transmission smooth, great handling, good power, good brakes, good sound system, nice extra features like little gloveboxes in doors, etc.. The only somewhat negatives: gas mileage, a couple of panels not so tight on the gap tolerances, odd slight valvetrain noise...and that's about it. It's a great vehicle. V8 a must too.

V8 power A lot of extras such as huge moonroof, 3rd row seats, little gloveboxes on doors in addition to map pockets, tons of interior lighting, etc.. Great sound system, smooth transmission, great handling, nice looks, solid feel, etc...

Better mileage with same power. Better fit and finish with exterior and interior panels and parts.