2006 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
SRX puts the Sport in SUV
By thomas2006 on 07/19/12 21:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Smooth, Fast and fun to drive. I traded in my 2008 Mustang GT and I haven't looked back. I would buy another anytime. I drive over 80 miles a day to work and back. I now look forward to the trip. You can't beat the Bose stereo. It is almost a surreal experience.

This is a great car
By k_man60 on 12/29/11 07:11 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased our 2006 Cadillac SRX for my wife in 2009. It was a low milage unit and it was exactly what we were looking for. Aside from some normal maintenance issues we have not had any major issues with this car. The car runs well and while it doesn't get 40 MPG the fuel economy is pretty good for a V8. The SRX has a great ride and is a sporty looking unit for a family wagon. We haven't had any of the problems other posters have had. Must be the luck of the Irish. I also do my preventative maintenance (oil changes, inspections etc.).

USED CAR PURCHASE/JUST WHAT WE ESPECTED.
By Bob & Louise on 11/09/09 23:22 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We are dissatisfied with the certification done on the vehicle prior to purchase. Within 4 mos. of purchase, we have had to replaced a right turn signal bulb, the air lift shocks on the trunk lift gate which failed on October 1, 2009. The vehicle was purchased May, 2009. The gas propelled lift game failed and the trunk collapse on my head, causing me to be knocked unconscious for 30 minutes,the back windshield-wiper- defrost equipment completely faioed ad exploded around me with 1000 of pieces of black glass showered all over me and the back trunk of the car. I was hospitalized with neck trauma,etc. causing 3 1/2 days in hospital & incurring a back window replacement by a Mobile compan

Northstar
By Jake on 07/01/08 10:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this V-8 used with 9,000 miles and now have 19,000 miles. My wife is the primary driver and she loves it. The All Wheel drive is great. The power rear tailgate is nice and makes it a snap to load at just the right height. We have not had any problems so far. The very best thing about the SRX with the Northstar is it is a blast to drive. This thing moves and handles very nice.

Great truck
By Aleks on 01/08/08 07:19 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I'm an automotive plastics engineer. I also own a bike and race car. I am very critical of quality and performance in anything I own or drive. I also own an 06 Toyota 4 runner. I'm happy to say that I am very impressed with the quality and performance of this truck. The seats are very comfortable, the glass roof (s) are very large with power shades on both, the transmission smooth, great handling, good power, good brakes, good sound system, nice extra features like little gloveboxes in doors, etc.. The only somewhat negatives: gas mileage, a couple of panels not so tight on the gap tolerances, odd slight valvetrain noise...and that's about it. It's a great vehicle. V8 a must too.

Cadillac SRX 8
By Donald Anderson on 04/26/07 06:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

We got this as a demo with only 3500 miles on it, now has 8700. We have made two long trips with this car and found it to be extremely comfortable. It handles like a sports car and preforms excellent. However we have had to take it back for a stuck sunroof, rear washer quit, and to check the back up warning system. We also have a Mountaineer that is now a 2nd choice to drive auto. It has every option except AWD. In Atlanta not a necessary feature. Avg about 20 mpg through mountains driving from Atl to Detroit. Researched the SUV's throughly, this is the best choice!

A Good Choice
By Andolena on 01/11/07 14:13 PM (PST)

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2006 V8 SRX with All Wheel Drive. I have to say that the V8 engine makes quite a difference (my mother has the V6). However, you really only feel the extra power if you accelerate while already moving (like passing) and then it flies! Off the line this vehicle sort of lumbers as it is quite heavy. Also, my SRX does feel much sturdier and less hollow than the V6, I'm not sure why. My drive to work is 40 minutes and I actually enjoy it now, it is very relaxed and has a great factory stereo... as opposed to my VERY unreliable Saab which had less than 30,000 miles! My only complaint is that I can't seem to adjust the seat to be 100% comfortable. I think this car is just not made for women who are 5' 2"!

2006 Cadillac SRX V8
By R. Sherlock on 11/11/06 06:53 AM (PST)

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The car is fun and exciting to drive. Its acceleration is excellent. The creature comforts are all there.

Ultimate Cadillac 6cyl SUV
By Frank on 05/27/06 08:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven Ford Explorers for 16 years, including 4 different models. My dealer assumed that I would by another, but with my buying plan with MetLife, I could buy the SRX at the same price I would have paid for another Explorer. Besides, Joe Bowman gave me a much higher trade-in than Beach Ford or Colonial Cadillac would have. It was worth the trip to drive 250 mile to Harrisonburg to get the vehicle I wanted. They could not have been a nicer group of people to deal with. When I arrived, all the paper work was completed, and with an explanation of how everything worked, and test drive, I was on my way back to Vievinia Beach. I have been excited to own another Cadillac. I am happy.

Our SRX
By Fast Eddy on 05/20/06 16:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Cadillac STX is terrific in all respects. I love the large sunroof, the sound system and the power rear hatch. My wife loves to drive it because of its ease of parking and incredible tight turning radius, not to mention the added height over our DeVille. This, of course makes seeing the road and other traffic much easier. We do believe this is a safety feature. We feel secure with the knowlege that there are air bags in front, side, and upper side areas. We love the low sill which makes it easy to load and unload the cargo area. People comment about the cutting edge styling of the vehicle all the time. The all wheel drive gives uncommon road traction which, in turn provides the SRX with exciting acceleration.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.