2006 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews

2006 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

2006 SRX Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
VERY UNHAPPY WITH PURCHASE
By theresas3

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car October 2013. 2 weeks after the motor blew. Fortunately we were able to get GM to cover the costs of replacing the motor. then i was back in again to have the entire strut assembly replaced, not long after that i went in to have wheel barings replaed (i was ok with that) then again back in to have the water pump replaced. ive only owned this car 6 months. Now i am having some issues again that the service techinicians cant seem to figure out. I had my oil changed on March 6th. On April 23rd i took my car back in do it acting weird and find out i only have 1 qt of oil in it although i had 6 qts put in it 1 1/2 months before... they have no idea what wrong now... very unhappy

2006 Cadillac SRX Don't waste your money
By shellyj

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car because it was more of a luxury car don't waste your money. Bought car 9/09 list of problems sense then. Lights burn out to often, have to get car Aligned every 5000 miles, been thru 4 sets of tires, with proper rotation every 5000 miles, Bushing on front wore out, Front brakes wore out 3 times, cadlic converter went out, A/C went bad, Water pump bad, replaced struts, Replaced spark plugs, motor mount broke, and to top it off 4 times, my car will spit and sputter going down road, check engine shows miss fire. Mechanic shows nothing wrong. Have spent $1500.00 becuase mechanic's keep guessing at problem. No one can figure it out.

No problems
By bukkyt81

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought the 06 SRX in august of last year and i am happy with my buy. The car is very powerful and fun to drive. i have yet to have an issue with the car except to replace the rear wheel bearings which the warranty covered..

Favorite Features

Smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Better interior

SRX puts the Sport in SUV
By thomas2006

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Smooth, Fast and fun to drive. I traded in my 2008 Mustang GT and I haven't looked back. I would buy another anytime. I drive over 80 miles a day to work and back. I now look forward to the trip. You can't beat the Bose stereo. It is almost a surreal experience.

Favorite Features

Fast V8 and Great Stereo

Suggested Improvements

I could use improvment in the GAS milage department.

This is a great car
By k_man60

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased our 2006 Cadillac SRX for my wife in 2009. It was a low milage unit and it was exactly what we were looking for. Aside from some normal maintenance issues we have not had any major issues with this car. The car runs well and while it doesn't get 40 MPG the fuel economy is pretty good for a V8. The SRX has a great ride and is a sporty looking unit for a family wagon. We haven't had any of the problems other posters have had. Must be the luck of the Irish. I also do my preventative maintenance (oil changes, inspections etc.).

Favorite Features

Panoramic Sun Roof Bose Sound System 5 Speed Transmission and AWD. We live in Calgary and we get plenty of snow. Power Tail Gate Heated Seats Programable Drivers Seat.

Suggested Improvements

The Navigational System could be improved upon. The GPS is very accurate but the Nav System itself is a bit difficult to program even with the manual. The upgrade for the Nav CD is also very expensive. I have a after market Megellan GPS System in my truck that is far superior and much user friendly than this one is and the upgrades are far less expensive.

Don't be lured by luxury!
By donnak48

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have read many reviews regarding the SRX, nearly all of them positive. However.... I have owned my 2006 for just over 2 years now and can't even count the number of times I've had to take it to the shop for major repairs. These include the panorama sun roof not closing, the wheel bearings needing to be replaced not once but twice, check engine light coming on for reasons the shop was unable to duplicate (of course!), electrical issues causing the engine to quit and the final straw-no compression to the engine, which required a tow to the dealership, a call to GM, and more than a week's worth of repairs. I have absolutely had it with this car! $6000+ in repairs in 2 years? Not acceptable.

Favorite Features

The ride is very comfortable in this vehicle. I have driven it on several long trips (500+ miles) and never had a twinge from the 2 herniated discs in my lower back (despite the lumbar function not working properly in the seat). The panorama sunroof is phenomenal, just a really fun feature and especially nice in the Northeast-have to take advantage of every minute of sun here! On the flip side the heated seats in winter make the 6am commute to work in January a little easier to take. There is plenty of space in the back seats for tall passengers, and the storage is more than adequate.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is horrendous! I knew it would be less than stellar with a vehicle this size but 15-17 highway? Really? AWD really doesn't work well at all in snowy Central New York- many near-wipeouts due to lack of traction.

Better than the new one
By mattjames24

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased as a demo fully loaded (minus the navigation system and V8) and absolutely love the car. The magnetic ride control gives the car a performance/handling on par with BMW. The moonroof is great, especially when open on the long drive home from work. The only downside was the high cost of brake work after the service department failed to notice the wear. But all in all a great car and much better than the cheap, underpowered one released 2010. on the long drive home from work.

Favorite Features

Magnetic Ride Control, V6 Performance, Ultraview Moon Roof, Bose sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy, as expected, not great - but at least it's on regular fuel.

Electrical Issues
By seamoore

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Soon after purchase of this pre-owned Caddy, I noticed that the radio presets were lost, took in for service, "nothing wrong". Returned, said "internal error" AKA "we never looked!" Replaced the radio, Same problem after new radio installed. Returned back to dealership for 4th time when the windows were "stuck" half way open and no driver's side controls. Now they are going to replace the "unified switch body" and they say that this IS the problem. We'll see? Frustrated that no one seems to be able to find the problem. Anyone else have this issue?

Favorite Features

With exception of this issue, I LOVE this car! Pretty roomy and nice riding and driving car.

Suggested Improvements

I do feel like I am filling it up with gas often, possibly the small gas tank?

Never thought I'd hate a Cadillac
By Laura

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my '06 SRX 2 months ago, and within the first week it started having electrical issues; radio presets lost memory, sunroof and windows wouldn't close, tilt reverse mirrors wouldn't work, and why it was stalling. The dealership handled the issue poorly, they've had the car for almost 25 days in the last 2 months & still couldn't fix the problem. I took it to another dealership for a 2nd opinion, and it was fixed within an hour. I guess it was a known issue for the battery and computer modules to be tighten, so that all electrical lbs of power can support all the functions. After about 3 days, all the issues came back again.

Favorite Features

I love Cadillacs, the body is beautiful. It drives like a car, definitely comfy. The full glass sunroof is out of this world!

Suggested Improvements

Dealers that are up to date on known issues with certain body styles and years. Do something about the electrical issues. You pay for what you think is trustworthy, and when it fails you, you lose all faith in it.

Great Car !!!!
By Shaunna

2006 Cadillac SRX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car a year and a half ago and the only problem Ive experienced is a dead cell in my battery which Cadillac replaced under warranty. It handles well in bad weather and is fun to drive. It does drink gas and oil and that could have been an issue standing for improvement. But, overall its a great car. I would purchase another. The best car Ive driven in my 13 yrs.

Favorite Features

Sporty look and smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage could be better. Oil consumption is odd.