2005 Cadillac SRX 3.6L V6 5-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Pretty but always in the

2005 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Review

V6 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Pretty but always in the shop!
By darkspd on

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive, great power, comfortable and always broken. Every two weeks this car must go in for a major repair (under warranty, thank goodness). Engine (oil leaks and consumption), tranny (went out twice in 2 weeks, factory replacements are terrible, second time they had a local shop rebuild it right), power steering, A/C 4x, drive shafts front and rear, rear differential, sun roof motor (still has intermittent problems), drivers seat and controls, paint (twice), weather striping (doors and sun roof), radio with control display, CD player, interior lights and switches. I'm probably forgetting some stuff but I hope you get my point.

Favorite Features

I really love the sun roof it opens up the entire cabin, unfortunately it doesn't always close.

Suggested Improvements

Quality, this car is a perfect example why Detroit has such a hard time selling cars, NO QUALITY. I traded a Toyota with 250k thinking it was due to fall apart. I really wish I had it back.