Noisy, Spirited SRX
By tahoe66 on
2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
Having had 9 Tahoes, I expexted a vehicle at least as quiet in the SRX. The AWD mated with the V6 is agile, spirited and fun to drive, but much busier sounding than our Trailblazer at 14 grand less. Fuel economy not much better than the Tahoe (the only reason I switched). Seats are superb, navigation system is great, but one needs the eyes of an eagle to read the clock & temp. Ultraview roof is a mixed bag, big open air feeling, noisy when open, creaks open or closed. Third row seat should not be powered, takes forever to raise and lower. Over all quality less than I had hoped for, but nothing major, just small annoyances. Can not believe XM radio and rain sensing wipers weren't standard.
Favorite Features
Sharp front end styling. Super front seats. Fantastic brakes and suspension. Interior space. Navigation system. Bose sound system. User friendly controls. Generally good fit and finish. Flawless 5 speed automatic. Stability control.
Suggested Improvements
Quality of supplier parts, particularly switches. Quiet down over-all drivetrain noise or at least disguise it with a throaty exhaust. Get rid of hard to use, slow power rear seat mechanism. Rain sensing wipers should be standard. Put a seperate clock in the car, one my 57 yr old eyes can read.