2005 Cadillac SRX Consumer Review: Love at first drive

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Review

Love at first drive
By M on

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove, test drove, and test drove. I drive for work every day, so I wanted to be prepared for the purchase. I also have 4 kids, so I needed at least 6 seats. I looked at every Nissan Minivan & SUV + the Infiniti, Toyota, Mazda, Chrysler, Ford, etc. I wanted at least a V6, 4WD-AWD, 6+ seats, leather interior. This easily brought me into the $30k+ ballpark. I took my first test drive in the SRX right after it was released (V8, etc) and as soon as I nailed it coming off a ramp onto the highway, I was hooked. I also tote folks around for work, so the HUGE back seat was great. Not minivan cavernous, but definitely SUV huge. You'll love it from your first drive.

Favorite Features

Memory seats, mirrors, radio settings, and thermostat. Fold-down third row seat. (Wife loves heated seats.) Power & handling are superb. Off the line pull is fantastic. Not sports cars rough, and not limosine floaty. Tight enough in the corners for fun, soft enough on the back roads to cruise.

Suggested Improvements

Minor tweaks. Fog lamps have a soft button (turns off when ignition is off) vs. rear wiper has a hard button. I would reverse these. I always want my fogs on with my headlights. I turn the rear wiper on when I need it. Rear wiper wash stream runs off the window, a spray would be better.