2005 Cadillac SRX Consumer Review: I wish I could be as enthusias

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Review

I wish I could be as enthusiastic...
By I like cars on

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The SRX is good, but many things about it bother me. With no magnetic ride control and standard tires, there is something weird in the handling. Bumps and uneven pavement throw it slightly off line requiring steering correction. The steering is heavy and dead feeling with AWD. For tall guys, the steering wheel is too far away. We have squeaks and rattles. Normal aceleration falls flat at 40 mph when it shifts into 4th gear, requiring you to add more throttle, a nuisance. The engine sounds more like an appliance than a car.

I like the excellent brakes, excellent leather, memory seats, ease of oil and filterchange, and adjustable pedals (although they need more range for tall people).

Better standard handling, improve paint job to Toyota standards, better build quality, improve interior space, and improve the rock hard seats that lack lower back support. Give it better transmission gear calibration. Improve the drving position for tall people. Improve the gas mileage, 16-17 suburban, 19-20 hwy.