2005 Cadillac SRX Consumer Review: Barely a luxury SUV

2005 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Review

V6 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Barely a luxury SUV
By Triple R on

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my 2005 SRX today and found it to be a decent SUV. It has a very attractive exterior and a decent engine. But one you get inside everything disappoints. The "leather" felt more like vinyl and their is way to much rubber and plastic everywere. The entire interior felt cheap. Compared to my parents' Acura MDX has a much more luxurios feel and real leather. I found the engine to be annoyingly loud in comparison to the MDX. I did enjoy the handling of the SRX quite a bit though as it felt like I was driving my TL instead on a Minivan. My biggest gripe is the fact that my friend's Accord (and naturally my TL) are much more luxurious then this "Luxury" SUV. GM's gotta work on interiors.

Great handling for an SUV, comprable to a sports-sedan. Very exciting looking exterior (I love seeing people snap their necks back to look at it as they drive by) kinda like a plump CTS. Roomy hatch, Smooth transmission when in Automatic mode. Love the wood on the steering wheel, it feels real.

Cheap "leather" (feels like vinyl to me), overkill of plastic and rubber in the interior. Sports Shift lags between shifts (Acura's and BMW's react much quicker) Noisy engine (V6). Overly complicated radio. Small cup holders. Awkward seatbelt placement. Small interior (for a luxury-SUV)