A Winner for Cadillac
By Drivin' Hard on
2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)
Just finished the first three months of ownership of my new SRX and am very pleased with the car. After testing both the eight cylinder and the six cylinder engines I opted for the 3.5L six and am not at all disappointed since I find the power is totally adequate. It rides and handles well and combines the best of an SUV and a sedan. On long trips it's as comfortable as my '04 Escalade and not as thirsty. Some have criticized the exhaust note, but I find it pleasing and not at all intrusive. So far everything works as advertised with no problems. Cadillac seems to want to make sure it's owners have an overall excellent ownership experience and I'm certainly very satisfied.
Favorite Features
The size is optimal and I love the XM radio, the power and the handling. Seats are comfortable even for someone over six feet. The White Diamond paint makes it stand out nicely. IwWish I had opted for the Navigation system, though.
Suggested Improvements
Make the audio/driver info system less complicated and more intuitive and match the controls of the Escalade and the SRX. It's annoying to have remember that the inner button on the wheel controls the volume on the SRX and it's the outer button on the Escalade.