2005 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Cadillac SRX
By Vinnie on 07/10/05 12:41 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My Cadillac SRX is a fun SUV that does not drive and feel like a truck. The 6-cyl. engine is very fast and all I need for the road. I also like it that there are not many of these on the road everywhere and people want to know what is it. It looks clean and has the Cadillac quality and prestige.

Switched and proud
By esmurrell on 07/08/05 22:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first American vehicle I have purchased and I couldn't be happier! Couldn't resist the deal (everyone buys @ employee price) and the style and performance leave nothing to be desired. Just returned from a 2,800 mile road trip and the vehicle performed flawlessly! Gas mileage is 23+ MPG, the stereo and rear seat entertainment system lived up to their promises. The comfort is second to none. Seats, driving position quietness, etc. make this a family hauler bar none. Handling in the mountains was sure footed and confidence inspiring. Get lots of lucks of approval and/or admiration. If this car performs well over time, I will switch to American with the other one as well.

Our SRX saved our lives
By Joyce on 06/29/05 13:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

While traveling South to Florida,we had a very bad accident in our brand new SRX. We hit the guard rail, went airborn into the northbound lane on I 95 in Virginia and then rolled over 8 times, hit a tractor trailer truck twice and landed, straped in our seat belts, in the car but upside down on the roof. The car was demolished but the passenger section had about 3 feet of room between us and the bottom of the car. We both had very significant injuries but when the police arrived on the scene they expected to find fatalities not people who were alive. Our dog was in a dog car seat in the second row and she survived with NO injuries. We have replaced the car (even the same color). Love the car.

Cadillac SRX - Great Vehicle
By Jburns on 06/26/05 13:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The SRX has just the right amount of storage space for our frequent trips to the sunny south. The ride and handling is excellent. The step-in height is a little high, for a small person. Plenty of power in all conditions. Gas mileage good for a 4,400 lb. vehicle. The large sunroof is great, but for highway driving its to windy and you need the additional pop-up 3rd row seat conventional sunroof only.

SRX
By TW on 06/21/05 16:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I researched my next vehicle for over a year. Glad I picked the SRX. It has the 3rd row seat for times we need extra room and has great handling. Never thought I'd want a Cadillac but they're on a roll lately with the new designs. Only have had for a month but we're rolling up the miles.

Take it back
By Scott on 06/14/05 23:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

In the 15 months I've owned this car it has been in the shop over 45 days. The large sunroof rattles. Replaced it and still not good. I'm on the 3rd. radio. Still bad. Dead battery problems. The wipers squeak. Dealer can't fix it. There is a burning smell in the car and GM states there is no problem but they suspect the hoses. Amazing. This car is nothing but a rattle trap. I've had more problems with this car than any other car I have. I have an attorney and am going for the Lemon Law in Michigan.

Company Vehicle
By Robert Gingras on 06/13/05 19:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, vehicle is fun to drive and very functional in all weather conditions. The six-cylinder engine privides ample power and the seating is fine for four adults. ( without the added third seat ) gas mileage averages around 20 mpg. I would consider another SRX when my lease is up on this one.

Happy Cadillac customer
By duque on 06/12/05 16:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is extremely comfortable with a long wheel base which absorbs bumps easily. It has convenient controls and cofortable seating. The space is a blessing!

Better than a Lexus and cheaper!!!
By jrtrock on 06/03/05 14:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove Lexus 330RX, Infiniti, etc. The Caddy was the best deal and the best driving....a great vehicle at a great price.

You need to test drive this car!
By Pam Foerstner on 06/02/05 21:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I previously drove a Lincoln Navigator and wanted to downsize without sacrificing any of the luxury features. I was impressed by the body style of the SRX, but when I drove it I knew I had found my car. This car is so much fun to drive that I regularly catch myself doing 90 mph on the highway without realizing it. When I drove the car at the dealership, I told the salesman that I was interested in purchasing an SRX. He asked me when I would like to come back to pick the car up and I said that I would be taking the car home that night. I have not been disappointed! I love this car.