Used 2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

2005 SRX V6 AWD
By rhazen541

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I had an Acura TSX prior to this and compared to it, honestly I have more fun and driving experience overall in this SRX. Granted I know I do not get the looks that I would get in my Acura, but that is a good thing to kinda blend in, in the way that the SRX performs. I am glad I purchased the vehicle and I am looking forward to seeing the new 2007 model and contemplate on going to the V8 model. I drove the 2006 V8 model and didn't really notice a huge difference in power, except when passing at hwy speeds is the only time noticed a bit more performance, but this is not major as I easily hit high speeds when passing in the V6 model. I hope this helps.

I like the AWD and how it works really easily and gives excellent off the line traction regardless of the road conditions or type of road. I really like the lay out of how everything is right in the reach of you when you are driving to make any adjustments. I live in NW and love the traction!

I think the improvements that I would have liked are taken care of in the 2007 model. I just wish that the SRX was easier to change headlight bulbs in and not have to take to shop. I wish the xenon headlights were standard on all models and same with magnetic ride. But I am happy with mine.

Cadillac SRX, 2005
By Richard Grahman

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased 8 new vehicles over the past 12 years and this is by far the best handling car. We just love it.

Interior style, convience and, with the back seats down, large cargo area for our two Golden Retrievers.

More small compartments in front for storage.

I Love my Car!
By Valerie

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I find the SRX to be very comfortable, easy to drive, and convenient for traveling or shopping. It handles well and feels secure, even on slippery or snow covered roads in winter. I really would have liked to have the pull-out visor extensions on the sun visors...they are not really a luxury, but a necessity, at times. Occasionally, the electrical system goes out of whack, unlocking the doors for no reason while I am driving. If I leave a door open for a long time, as when unloading groceries, the memory goes out and I have to reprogram my seat position controls. Occasionally, the sunroof sticks open, but I have always been able to get it working by myself. Other than that, I love it.

The electronic stability control, safety backup chimes, heated seats, and spacious interior.

Add sun visor extensions, all wheel drive on all models, and a navigation system on all models.

Best Vehicle that I've Owned
By First Caddy

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Cadillac SRX. Driving it through the north Virginia mountains with the roof open in late spring was a great vacation.

The heated 8-way power seats, dual AC, and the massive sun/moon roof.

It should have easier storage of the third seat headreasts.

Not Very Good
By Serango

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My '05 Cadillac SRX makes terrible noises that dealerships can't locate. The noises sound like grinding metal.

Very few. Basically, it always starts.

Throw it out and start over.