Used 2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Bug free for 2 years
By kc

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first American car I've purchased in 25 years and I can't believe it hasn't had a single bug or problem with it. This is a first in any car I've ever owned! Used to Drive Lexus and BMW but i'll stick with Cadillac since the car has been dependable and America needs my business.

Large sky roof opening, smooth suspension, nav system, satellite radio, light color leather seats have been resistant to stains and cracking

Power tailgate, power tilt and heated steering wheel, power fold-in mirrors, integrated remote in key fob

Rob's Cad SRX N*V8
By robhersch

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Selected 2005 SRX N*V8 after head-to- head driving comparison of V8 to V8 & 6 to 6 of Euro and Asian SUVs same day same on-road and off road course. Spec order to get RWD V8 w/my pref color, trim, tow/cooling pkg, and giant moonroof, no NAV or XM. Delivery Jan 2005, currently 15.5k mi. Radio and 6 CD changer caused digital trip reset; was repl under warranty. Performance RWD V8-315 HP w/ 5 spd trans in city and on fwy ~comparable to 1999 FWD V8-300 HP Cad DeVille Concours w/ 4 spd trans; SRX more agile, more responsive, more fun to drive, but ~10% less MPG. Declined dealer computer re-flash (not mfgr recall) after noting Cad Forum impacts on braking & performance. It also fits in my garage.

V8 for power and performance on trips. RWD for general handling, sport mode trans. Digital info R/O. Interior space for four 6'2" + adults. Giant moonroof with wide view above thru glass and convertible atmosphere when open; shade to reduce heat from bright sun. CD changer holding 6 CDs.

Improve resticted rear visiblity (I removed rear-middle head rest and added an RV type fresnel lens in rear window). Turn flashers embedded in outside rear mirrors. Trim strip bumpers along sides to reduce dings from adjacent auto doors.

Everything you need to know but....
By Ron

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After studying the data available and test driving numerous SUVs, I bought the SRX. And, I haven't been disappointed. Put it through its paces on a twisty road and although not up to my C5 Vette standard it was alot of fun. The interior is very roomy and quiet with great visibility.

Panoramic sunroof, OnStar, XM radio, power adjustable seats (heated), AWD and backup sensor.

Pocket for sunglasses, locking gasoline door, Heads-up display, 2" tow hitch. Difficult to find one with an black interior.

Very Reliable
By Tom Grohl

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2005 SRX for two years and have driven over 30,000 miles. I have only returned to the dealer for oil changes and tire rotation. This is a very reliable and pleasurable vehicle to drive. The build quality is excellent. I would recommend this car to anyone seeking a luxury crossover.

It has the interior comfort and versatility, along with handling and ride of a sport luxury sedan. I like how it uses non-premium fuel.

None

Best Crossover Available
By Oso

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I drove all of the competition (M3 & 5, Mazda CX-7, Acura RDX, Nissan Murano, VW Touareg, Mercedes R350, Chrysler Pacifica, Ford Freestyle) and went back to the Caddy dealer. This is the most fun to drive large vehicle I've ever owned and this is the 30th car/truck I've had in 35 years. My Vette was more fun to drive but not worth a darn for hauling groceries and lousy in the snow. Its fit and finish are excellent and I love the edgy styling, it doesn't look like all of the other cookie cutter, big rounded box SUV's on the road. Drive one, you won't be disappointed.

The seats, navigation system, stereo, and performance.

Add extenders for the visors.