2005 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
4,000 Miles & Counting
By Frank on 08/06/05 18:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Only negatives include less than optimum visability with rear seats in up position, cargo shade/cover not very durable and limited storage space in real area. The ride at slow and high speeds is exceptional, pick up great and overal handling above average. We just returned from a trip that started in the Atlanta area, to Cleveland, Ohio, Milwaukee, WI, Indianapolis Indiana, through Kentucky, Tennessee and back to Georgia without a hitch. It is just a fun vehicle to drive.

Back in a Cadillac
By Richard Guizlo on 08/05/05 08:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After a ten year hiatus, I decided to give Cadillac another shot, and so far I'm really glad I did. I am really enjoying my SRX. It is a great ride, and so far I have zero complaints. I chose the SRX over BMW X-5 and Infiniti FX35 because I couldn't see paying that much more for those.

Porsche owner buys the Caddy
By francosuisse on 08/02/05 16:48 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

As an owner of a Porsche 911 C4, I was going to buy a Cayenne S. But after I test-drove both the Porsche and the Cadillac SRX, there was no hesitation anymore. The SRX feeling on the road is much better than the Cayenne (probably the magentic ride control). I also add the impression that it was better performing than the Porsche (esp. the auto 5-speed transmission is better tuned to the engine).

Troy
By Troy on 07/31/05 19:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Cadillac SRX has great utility and curb appeal and it drives like a sports car rather than like a truck. It has more power than all other SUVs except for the Poirsche Cayenne.

SRX survey
By Edye Weller on 07/30/05 20:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This SRX is so easy to drive and handle, also on long road trips and so very comfortable. Loved the memory seats. the lift gate is easy to close and I am 5'. The back of the SRX has a plug in for a small refrigerator and we use it when we travel. We also like all the conviences for all the passengers, heat and air, all the storage and cubby holes for thing.

Very Happy with First Cadillac
By David F. on 07/25/05 15:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Cadillac and third SUV. So far very happy! My SRX is fully loaded with sunroof, navigation system and rear DVD. Eveything works great. Had a problem with a vibration in the center console, but my dealership fixed it right away. I wish it did have better gas millage, but with any SUV you should never expect great fuel economy.

2005 Cadillac SRX
By slim63 on 07/24/05 21:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have only had the vehicle for a week but so far it is the best I've ever owned. Looked at the Lexus and BMW because of the 3rd row seat in them. The comfort and performance is amazing. Will update after a few months.

Who says SUV's can't be comfortable?
By Albee on 07/23/05 07:11 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My Grandfather used to drive his Caddy to Florida every year. I always thought of Caddies as "senior citizen's vehicles". Well no more! I have been driving foreign cars for the last 20 years, but decided to look at the new Cadillac's which appealed to my eye, but what about build and performance? The quality so far is letter perfect. The car runs on regular fuel and the dealer service was as good as Lexus or any other foreign car. They finally got it right. Step on the gas and you really don't believe there's a 6 under the hood. No need for the optional V8 here. The other day, the "car" informed me that the front left tire had low (23psi) pressure. There was a nail in my tire. How about that? This truck has safety too.

Best one I ever owned
By Larry C on 07/21/05 14:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

By far the best I ever owned. We traded a Highlander on this SRX, worlds of difference. Fun to drive, probably the safest SUV on the market. I can see why it's SUV of the year two years running. We opted for the storage as opposed to the third row seating as we are empty nesters. The V-6 is quick and smooth, the only improvement could be a automatic rear door. The ultraview is great. Best SUV we ever owned. Employee pricing makes it even better! Great car, great deal, makes driving fun again!

Storage
By Art on 07/14/05 19:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was amazed to find that the rear storage does hold golf clubs either across or front to back in the storage area without putting down the 2nd row seats.