Used 2005 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Pretty but always in the shop!
By darkspd

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive, great power, comfortable and always broken. Every two weeks this car must go in for a major repair (under warranty, thank goodness). Engine (oil leaks and consumption), tranny (went out twice in 2 weeks, factory replacements are terrible, second time they had a local shop rebuild it right), power steering, A/C 4x, drive shafts front and rear, rear differential, sun roof motor (still has intermittent problems), drivers seat and controls, paint (twice), weather striping (doors and sun roof), radio with control display, CD player, interior lights and switches. I'm probably forgetting some stuff but I hope you get my point.

I really love the sun roof it opens up the entire cabin, unfortunately it doesn't always close.

Quality, this car is a perfect example why Detroit has such a hard time selling cars, NO QUALITY. I traded a Toyota with 250k thinking it was due to fall apart. I really wish I had it back.

Questionable Love Affair
By Msblutx

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My previous car fell apart @ 530,00 miles. After tons of research, I found my SRX & fell in love with the price & the great condition for being used. 36 days into owning it, on a weekend trip, it made some funny noises. We pulled over a lot, but other than the check emissions light, nothing appeared to be wrong. The next morning, I started it up & the engine sounded HORRIBLE! We checked the oil & there WASN'T ANY! We put nearly 6qts of oil in it and took it to the dealer the next day. There wasn't any sign of a leak & the dealer said it hadn't used oil either. It's purred like a kitten ever since & no more oil loss. Has anyone had this happen to them or explain what might have happened?

I love the comfortable ride and how secure and safe I feel while driving it.

Sturdier dash components such as the AC knobs and painted plastic covers.

Outstanding SRX
By Boinz

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Drove about 5 used SRX's before I selected this one. They all drive differently - mainly suspension. I particularly love the smoothness of acceleration and braking. Had wood steering wheel and console... added wood kit from dealer. Previously had a Mercury Mountaineer. Like the increased gas mileage - averaging 18.9 in mixed driving per the computer.

Cornering ability. Overall smoothness. Acceleration. Prestige factor. XM Satellite radio.

Rear visibility is awful! Turning radius is also worse than my previous SUV. Shocks can be defective and make loud noises. Had them replaced under certified warranty.

My 05 Certified SRX
By Tryeasy

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Have only owned this vehicle for 1 week! Got a certified 100,000 mile one with 40K miles. Turns heads. I am currently getting in mixed highway and street travel 20.8 miles per gallon. Very please compared to that of most SUV's. Handles very well when pushed too. Otherwise it is a very smooth highway cruiser. Nice alternative to my old SUV!

Better than advertised gas mileage. 8 way power seat adjustments. Excellent stereo and speaker placement. Many electronic adjustments and convenience settings. Fairly unique design - not many on the roads. Added the Vogue wood interior kit - wow what a difference to dashboard! Step in/out height.

Rear seat headrests block rear vision. V6 engine noise is somewhat unsettling but hard to hear when windows closed. Gated transmission shift is not precise and should be more solid.

Cutting Edge SUV
By wildcat

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Fine all purpose SUV type car. Good on the road and in town. Best styled of all SUVs. So many of the others look alike - the SRX is the only SUV people comment favorably the design. Have taken it around Montana in the summer and Texas in the winter.

Interior and exterior design. Good engine. Nice informational computer.