2005 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
2005 Cadillac SRX AWD
By Edwin3130 on 12/01/05 16:24 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Driving this vehicle on tips is a pleasure The handling is excellent even in wintry conditions. Passing on two lane roads is a joy. It accelerates quickly and you spend a minimum amount of time in the wrong lane. On ice and snow it is very stable.

My SRX
By Sweets on 11/08/05 01:21 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my new Cadillac SRX. It is the most comfortable SUV that I have ever ridden in or driven. I know they say they are going to make improvements, but as far as I am concerned, it dosen't need any.

Dissapointed
By Jim Prunty on 10/25/05 22:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Cadillac SRX is a very nice truck if you own a gas station. With today's technolgy, 12 MPG city and 18 highway is unthinkable for this vehicle. A Tahoe gets better mileage! The sunroof is a very nice fearure, but the 3rd row seats are a joke.

A Winner for Cadillac
By Drivin' Hard on 09/27/05 20:32 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Just finished the first three months of ownership of my new SRX and am very pleased with the car. After testing both the eight cylinder and the six cylinder engines I opted for the 3.5L six and am not at all disappointed since I find the power is totally adequate. It rides and handles well and combines the best of an SUV and a sedan. On long trips it's as comfortable as my '04 Escalade and not as thirsty. Some have criticized the exhaust note, but I find it pleasing and not at all intrusive. So far everything works as advertised with no problems. Cadillac seems to want to make sure it's owners have an overall excellent ownership experience and I'm certainly very satisfied.

Great car
By Fred Oldencott on 09/16/05 15:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have nothing but good things to say about my Cadillac SRX. It is fast enough for me and a comfortable road car. It has a functional interior and superb handling along with decent gas mileage.

I love this car. My best Cadillac ever!
By Deb C. on 08/26/05 16:24 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We recently leased this car and are very pleased with it. I traded in my Escalade because it was too big and not good in gas mileage. The SRX has everything that we need and came fully loaded with the exception of the navigation and DVD system. We have are own. It is fun to drive and easy to figure out with the included CD. We love the looks of the car and so does everyone else. There is no other car like it as I have been looking at smaller SUVs and none of them have the cargo space or the looks and options such as the SRX. The 6 Cyl/AWD is great. I have no complaints with this car. The dealership is great as well as the employee discount. This is my first lease program. Works out great!

Love my SRX
By Jo Ann on 08/15/05 10:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Since I already owned a Cadillac SLS and a small motor home for traveling, I purchased the SRX for the utility aspect that I needed, instead of a small pickup truck. With the 3rd row seats folded down, the SRX gives me plenty of room to haul small to medium loads. I disagree with Edmunds review of the inside. The wood trim inside as well as the GPS makes my SRX look very impressive. All my friends are blown away by the appearance of the inside as well as the body style. It is the best handling vehicle I have ever owned. It has quick response, excellent stability control, automatic all wheel drive drive in case I get stuck in the Florida sand. Ultra view moon roof is such a luxury.

I Love My SRX!
By Angel Saraniero on 08/15/05 08:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 Mercedes-Benz C320 for this vehicle. We needed more room because we just had a new baby and all the car seats wouldn't fit. I also wanted something with better handling in the winter than the Mercedes. So I picked the SRX-we added the dual DVD players-so the kids would be thrilled. I got the car with the AWD, which will be great in these harsh upstate NY winters. The only thing I really dislike is the horrible gas mileage. We have taken a few highway roadtrips, and are only averaging 17 mpg highway. Other than that this car is just like an SUV, more room, great layout, family friendly and the sunroof is amazing! I read some reviews here before I bought the SRX and these helped decide me!

Completely Satisfied
By jjmd on 08/15/05 06:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This automobile has it all. It has plenty of room for the family, yet is loads of fun to drive. The acceleration and handling are like that of a much smaller car. I am sold on the Cadillac brand now and I was quite skeptical when I purchased the car.

Barely a luxury SUV
By Triple R on 08/09/05 17:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my 2005 SRX today and found it to be a decent SUV. It has a very attractive exterior and a decent engine. But one you get inside everything disappoints. The "leather" felt more like vinyl and their is way to much rubber and plastic everywere. The entire interior felt cheap. Compared to my parents' Acura MDX has a much more luxurios feel and real leather. I found the engine to be annoyingly loud in comparison to the MDX. I did enjoy the handling of the SRX quite a bit though as it felt like I was driving my TL instead on a Minivan. My biggest gripe is the fact that my friend's Accord (and naturally my TL) are much more luxurious then this "Luxury" SUV. GM's gotta work on interiors.