2005 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Great Ride
By Gary on 07/24/06 09:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My 2005 Cadillac SRX is the best vehicle I have ever owned! No other Crossover SUV is even close to the ride and comfort of my Cadillac SRX. I test drove the BMW and Benz before buying my SRX and the SRX is head and shoulders above the other two. Believe it or not this is the first American car that I have ever owned! Great job by Cadillac with this vehicle.

One year old and not one bug or repair
By ParVenu Playboy on 07/10/06 16:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first American car I've bought in 20 years. So far it has not had one single bug (unlike my BMW's that go computer out of control). I got every option available and love the huge sunroof, magnetic glide ride and Bose stereo system. The first generation satellite radio cut out all the time in the city. The only regret I have is the poor gas mileage. My SRX only gets 11 mpg in the city and 18.5 on the highway.

$54,850 Lemon!
By Jay Quigley on 04/26/06 10:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have experienced four "Major" problems with my SRX over the last nine months. First I had to replace the rear end. Second, I had to replace the torque converter. Then I had to replace the rear end..AGAIN! Fourth, my SRX has had repeated oil leaks. The front timing cover and engine pan also had to be replaced. I paid $55,000 for a Cadillac SUV and its seats are small, it has no telescoping steering wheel, no digital dash display, no light for the glove compartment, etc. etc. etc. GM should be ashamed of themselves for this $55,000 SRX. My first Cadillac was a 1962 when quality made a difference and I`ve driven only Cadillacs since. I love the style of my SRX but my satisfaction ends there. I just wrote to my dealer last week but do not expect anything positive back, I just vented my frustrations regarding this vehicle to get it out of my system.

Not as good as expected
By Richard Balling on 03/28/06 13:36 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The engine in my Cadillac SRX is noisy on acceleration. It whines like a car trying to shift out of first gear. Also, there is not enough room in the back seat (second seat). It has a very stiff ride.

A Real Looker
By fyreman235 on 03/15/06 11:57 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love the Cadillac exterior styling. I guess it is a love-it-or-hate-it thing! I bought it with 2,000 miles as certified used vehicle with a 100,000 mile warranty. It has already been on a 5,000 + mile round trip, and I have very few complaints. It performed well in all circumstances including snowy mountain roads in Colorado. The navigation system always gets you there, but not always by the best route.

Great Family Vehicle
By Jason on 01/05/06 16:06 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

We love the Cadillac SRX. The sunroof is amazing, don't buy one without it. It drives like a car, but offers most of the convienances of an SUV. The third row seat is great for people that only use it on occassion and the stadium style seating makes the kids feel part of the action vs. being seclueded behind the second row. Still, the thrid row seat is only made for kids. Its gas mileage is acceptable, not as bad as an SUV, but not as good as many cars. The styling is awesome. It is what sets the vehicle apart from others and always turns heads. It has a great stereo, easy to use navigation system and a very quite ride. I have no major compliants. The wide door jams are a bit odd and take some getting use to.

I love my SRX
By Ruth Donley on 01/03/06 12:10 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is the fifth Cadillac I've owned and the first SUV. I love the size and the easy handling of this SUV and will never buy a sedan again. It is so much fun and at age 67 I feel like a kid again when I drive it. I can honestly say it's the best vehicle I've ever owned not only from a practical and useful standpoint but it looks great. When I first bought it so many stopped and asked about it and said it looked great. I love my SRX.

2005 Cadillac SRX AWD V8
By Mike on 12/21/05 15:54 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The 2005 Cadillac SRX has excellent handling and is very quick and very stable in all driving conditions. The cabin is very comfortable, we have a 6'2" son who can sit comfortably in the back seat. We enjoy the sunroof a lot.

I wish I could be as enthusiastic...
By I like cars on 12/19/05 09:12 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The SRX is good, but many things about it bother me. With no magnetic ride control and standard tires, there is something weird in the handling. Bumps and uneven pavement throw it slightly off line requiring steering correction. The steering is heavy and dead feeling with AWD. For tall guys, the steering wheel is too far away. We have squeaks and rattles. Normal aceleration falls flat at 40 mph when it shifts into 4th gear, requiring you to add more throttle, a nuisance. The engine sounds more like an appliance than a car.

Disappointed Owner
By Bettsey Arnold on 12/13/05 22:59 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

There are several things that I do not like about the 2005 Cadillac SRX. There are quite a few blind spots that are safety concerns. The passenger seat and back seats are very uncomfortable. I have owned other Cadillacs and I am so very disappointed with this one. I am thinking of trading it in for a GMC Yukon or Ford Explorer.