2005 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Rob's Cad SRX N*V8
By robhersch on 03/31/07 01:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Selected 2005 SRX N*V8 after head-to- head driving comparison of V8 to V8 & 6 to 6 of Euro and Asian SUVs same day same on-road and off road course. Spec order to get RWD V8 w/my pref color, trim, tow/cooling pkg, and giant moonroof, no NAV or XM. Delivery Jan 2005, currently 15.5k mi. Radio and 6 CD changer caused digital trip reset; was repl under warranty. Performance RWD V8-315 HP w/ 5 spd trans in city and on fwy ~comparable to 1999 FWD V8-300 HP Cad DeVille Concours w/ 4 spd trans; SRX more agile, more responsive, more fun to drive, but ~10% less MPG. Declined dealer computer re-flash (not mfgr recall) after noting Cad Forum impacts on braking & performance. It also fits in my garage.

Everything you need to know but....
By Ron on 03/27/07 12:11 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After studying the data available and test driving numerous SUVs, I bought the SRX. And, I haven't been disappointed. Put it through its paces on a twisty road and although not up to my C5 Vette standard it was alot of fun. The interior is very roomy and quiet with great visibility.

Very Reliable
By Tom Grohl on 02/28/07 17:42 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have had my 2005 SRX for two years and have driven over 30,000 miles. I have only returned to the dealer for oil changes and tire rotation. This is a very reliable and pleasurable vehicle to drive. The build quality is excellent. I would recommend this car to anyone seeking a luxury crossover.

Best Crossover Available
By Oso on 12/27/06 05:50 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I drove all of the competition (M3 & 5, Mazda CX-7, Acura RDX, Nissan Murano, VW Touareg, Mercedes R350, Chrysler Pacifica, Ford Freestyle) and went back to the Caddy dealer. This is the most fun to drive large vehicle I've ever owned and this is the 30th car/truck I've had in 35 years. My Vette was more fun to drive but not worth a darn for hauling groceries and lousy in the snow. Its fit and finish are excellent and I love the edgy styling, it doesn't look like all of the other cookie cutter, big rounded box SUV's on the road. Drive one, you won't be disappointed.

2005 SRX V6 AWD
By rhazen541 on 12/18/06 14:39 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I had an Acura TSX prior to this and compared to it, honestly I have more fun and driving experience overall in this SRX. Granted I know I do not get the looks that I would get in my Acura, but that is a good thing to kinda blend in, in the way that the SRX performs. I am glad I purchased the vehicle and I am looking forward to seeing the new 2007 model and contemplate on going to the V8 model. I drove the 2006 V8 model and didn't really notice a huge difference in power, except when passing at hwy speeds is the only time noticed a bit more performance, but this is not major as I easily hit high speeds when passing in the V6 model. I hope this helps.

Cadillac SRX, 2005
By Richard Grahman on 10/10/06 10:10 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have purchased 8 new vehicles over the past 12 years and this is by far the best handling car. We just love it.

I Love my Car!
By Valerie on 09/09/06 18:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I find the SRX to be very comfortable, easy to drive, and convenient for traveling or shopping. It handles well and feels secure, even on slippery or snow covered roads in winter. I really would have liked to have the pull-out visor extensions on the sun visors...they are not really a luxury, but a necessity, at times. Occasionally, the electrical system goes out of whack, unlocking the doors for no reason while I am driving. If I leave a door open for a long time, as when unloading groceries, the memory goes out and I have to reprogram my seat position controls. Occasionally, the sunroof sticks open, but I have always been able to get it working by myself. Other than that, I love it.

Best Vehicle that I've Owned
By First Caddy on 09/06/06 19:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I love my Cadillac SRX. Driving it through the north Virginia mountains with the roof open in late spring was a great vacation.

Not Very Good
By Serango on 09/06/06 18:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My '05 Cadillac SRX makes terrible noises that dealerships can't locate. The noises sound like grinding metal.

Don't Buy
By Lee Martin on 08/23/06 04:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Cadillac SRX is a rattle trap. The moonroof creeks, rattles, and pops. The front rattles over slight bumps. My car went to the dealer for a lube job that only lasted for a month and then tje rattles came back. This vehicle rides like a pickup truck. It does have plenty of power and handles nicely. It is not worth the money.