2005 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Poor V6 Engine Quality
By Allen Mason on 01/21/09 12:50 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the SRX in '05. I loved the car until Mar 08. First it ran hot was towed to dealer that replaced water pump for $300. 2 months later she was driving the car and it started shaking. She took it to the dealer that checked the oil and said it was over three quarts low. They added oil and charged $117. The engine never leaked or smoked, so where did the oil go. Thee dealer could not tell us . In 2 weeks the check engine light came on. Took to dealer who ran diagnostic and found a cyl was damaged due to low oil. The car was always serviced at dealer with Mobil 1. Tried to get new engine for $8000, but none found, even by two dealers. Finally had a local garage install a used one for $2,800

Don't buy one
By john on 01/16/09 14:33 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This thing is not worth spit. It has way too many reliability problems mainly with the so called "computer". Ours went out, they replaced it, then the gas gage indicator stopped working so they reset the computer, then the turn signals stopped and they could not duplicate it then we lost oil but the computer never told us and the dealer didn't know why. We traded it in on a Subaru Forester. The trade-in number was a surprise because it is so low! GM should go bankrupt putting out this SRX crap for too many bucks. We had 40K miles on it and in the shop 6 times!

Problems after warranty
By Problems with 2005 on 09/18/08 09:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I loved my SRX 2005 until recently. I had a seat belt break. The laminant on the dash is peeling off. My sunroof rattles, and now I have water in the back compartment under the third seat which has caused my headrests to mildew and also my 3rd seat has some mildew areas. It has been a major inconvenience to find where it is leaking from. I've read other reviews and on the 2004 model a few customers have had leaks under their 3rd seats from the sunroof. Has this been a problem for others. Maybe this is something Cadillac should look in to. Maybe there should be a recall on this problem before others have to deal with it.

Not Pleased
By Maregaret on 09/06/08 05:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed my SRX and like any other car it needed to be serviced, but this one has been in more than I had hoped. I believe Cadillac makes sound vehicles, but need to improve the quality of their dealership mechanical services. I was in 5 times just for a seat belt issue. The car also blew a cylinder at about 20,000 miles and the dealership failed to replace the oil in the vehicle when they repaired it. Had to bring it in again. They blamed it on me. Used 3 different dealerships over the so far and was not happy with any. Never had this type of problem with other makes of vehicle that I owned. Won't purchase another one because of the dealership service.

Pretty but always in the shop!
By darkspd on 08/26/08 10:04 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This car is fun to drive, great power, comfortable and always broken. Every two weeks this car must go in for a major repair (under warranty, thank goodness). Engine (oil leaks and consumption), tranny (went out twice in 2 weeks, factory replacements are terrible, second time they had a local shop rebuild it right), power steering, A/C 4x, drive shafts front and rear, rear differential, sun roof motor (still has intermittent problems), drivers seat and controls, paint (twice), weather striping (doors and sun roof), radio with control display, CD player, interior lights and switches. I'm probably forgetting some stuff but I hope you get my point.

Questionable Love Affair
By Msblutx on 07/29/08 23:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My previous car fell apart @ 530,00 miles. After tons of research, I found my SRX & fell in love with the price & the great condition for being used. 36 days into owning it, on a weekend trip, it made some funny noises. We pulled over a lot, but other than the check emissions light, nothing appeared to be wrong. The next morning, I started it up & the engine sounded HORRIBLE! We checked the oil & there WASN'T ANY! We put nearly 6qts of oil in it and took it to the dealer the next day. There wasn't any sign of a leak & the dealer said it hadn't used oil either. It's purred like a kitten ever since & no more oil loss. Has anyone had this happen to them or explain what might have happened?

Outstanding SRX
By Boinz on 05/24/08 15:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Drove about 5 used SRX's before I selected this one. They all drive differently - mainly suspension. I particularly love the smoothness of acceleration and braking. Had wood steering wheel and console... added wood kit from dealer. Previously had a Mercury Mountaineer. Like the increased gas mileage - averaging 18.9 in mixed driving per the computer.

My 05 Certified SRX
By Tryeasy on 05/03/08 16:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Have only owned this vehicle for 1 week! Got a certified 100,000 mile one with 40K miles. Turns heads. I am currently getting in mixed highway and street travel 20.8 miles per gallon. Very please compared to that of most SUV's. Handles very well when pushed too. Otherwise it is a very smooth highway cruiser. Nice alternative to my old SUV!

Cutting Edge SUV
By wildcat on 09/06/07 11:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Fine all purpose SUV type car. Good on the road and in town. Best styled of all SUVs. So many of the others look alike - the SRX is the only SUV people comment favorably the design. Have taken it around Montana in the summer and Texas in the winter.

Bug free for 2 years
By kc on 04/05/07 11:36 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first American car I've purchased in 25 years and I can't believe it hasn't had a single bug or problem with it. This is a first in any car I've ever owned! Used to Drive Lexus and BMW but i'll stick with Cadillac since the car has been dependable and America needs my business.