Used 2005 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews - 163 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac SRX

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

I love my SRX.
By Black On Black SRX

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Okay I love my SRX. I bought it just 5 months ago with 91k on it for trade in value! I cant believe i found a black on black and with the nice 18 in wheels and mine is the only one i've seen with SRX mudflaps on all for tires. I haven't had much trouble with my caddy. it would jump when it idled so i took it in and just a cylinder was misfiring quick fix and my turn bulb had to be replaced. took it to a caddy dealer and they were horrible so i took it to a gmc dealer and they were great. ive put about 9k on it in the 5 months since i got it and i have to say is i only had about 1 quart of oil when i get it changed at 94k but you just have to watch ur oil. I Love My SRX nothing drives better

My huge sunroof, power when i hit the gas and the seats are so comfortable. Gas mileage isn't the worst (Ive owned a H2 lol) i get about 420 a tank hwy. oh and i ran out of room up there but my power sunshade broke last week but really still a great car i'll drive it until the wheels fall off!

Make the heated seats standard. i don't have them. make the rear window washer work. I had to pay to upgrade my onstar to digital which i didn't know until after i bought my car. im young (21) and i only see older ppl driving the srx and i don't know why more ppl should get one. idk about the new srx?

Disappointed in Cadillac & GM
By Syracuse 185

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This premium car was our first return to buying from an American based car company. Sad to say, we are we disappointed in the quality and reliability of the car and the integrity of GM. This car has been in the shop 10X the amount of times our other (Japanese) cars. Despite the care we have given the car it is rusting straight through in several places. In the last four months we have spend over $900 a month in repairs to keep it on the road (excluding tires, oil, etc). What a money pit. We went back to buying Toyota again this spring.

Styling and handling

Improve paint and reliability

Nothing but trouble
By Nothing but trouble

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used and thought I had gotten a good deal. Unfortunately in the last two years, I have had nothing but problems with this car. I just had the water pump replaced ($700), two belts, now the tire monitor isn't working. I've had to also replaced the power steering lines and parts related to the coolant system. I feel like I'm in the shop more than anything. The list goes on re: parts that have needed replacement. On a positive note, it is a very comfortable car and handles amazing on the road. I wish this car was made to last more than a few years for it's price. Very disappointing. I don't think I'd ever buy a GM vehicle again.

Moon roof, although it is now rattling. Very comfortable seats for long drives and handles amazing.

Better fuel economy (only 400-450 kilometers a tank) and parts that last!

Problems with transfer gearbox
By Brenda

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The first few months I owned the vehicle I was very, very pleased. But after six months I had to replace the outside mirror and consistently had a burning smell in the vehicle. The car was serviced and repaired under the warranty. When the car reached 88,000 miles the big troubles began. The right and left tie rods, the air conditioner and the transfer gearbox had to all be replaced within a three week period. To me I did not feel the car was old enough for such problems to begin. I have been a loyal GM customer, but I am seriously reconsidering if I will ever purchase another Cadillac.

Drivability, color, stereo system

Changes in the cooling and heating system, expand passenger leg room in back, improve the driver's seat for comfort.

What's the deal?
By review

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After reading all the other reviews I know they should recall these cars, was driving car nowhere near time for oil change car started jerking and check engine light came on no light indicated low oil level, took to shop had no oil was over 5 qts low. Who would ever image that a Cadillac would not have a light to indicate low oil level. Something needs to be done about this problem if only I would have known this before I bought the car never again will I have or recommend this car to anyone