Used 2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Take it back
By Scott

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

In the 15 months I've owned this car it has been in the shop over 45 days. The large sunroof rattles. Replaced it and still not good. I'm on the 3rd. radio. Still bad. Dead battery problems. The wipers squeak. Dealer can't fix it. There is a burning smell in the car and GM states there is no problem but they suspect the hoses. Amazing. This car is nothing but a rattle trap. I've had more problems with this car than any other car I have. I have an attorney and am going for the Lemon Law in Michigan.

Favorite Features

Runs and handles fantastic.

Suggested Improvements

It is difficult to get in and out of without rubbing your legs on the frame. If its dirty or wet you will get your cloths dirty. The wide frame makes it very hard for my senior mother to get into the car.

Company Vehicle
By Robert Gingras

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, vehicle is fun to drive and very functional in all weather conditions. The six-cylinder engine privides ample power and the seating is fine for four adults. ( without the added third seat ) gas mileage averages around 20 mpg. I would consider another SRX when my lease is up on this one.

Favorite Features

Extra large sunroof, ride, handling, and size.

Suggested Improvements

Need running boards or boarding assistance so you don't get wet or dirty (during snowstorms ) exiting the vehicle. Your pants always hit the edge of the vehicle.

Happy Cadillac customer
By duque

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This truck is extremely comfortable with a long wheel base which absorbs bumps easily. It has convenient controls and cofortable seating. The space is a blessing!

Favorite Features

Ride and wheel base.

Suggested Improvements

Add running boards.

Better than a Lexus and cheaper!!!
By jrtrock

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove Lexus 330RX, Infiniti, etc. The Caddy was the best deal and the best driving....a great vehicle at a great price.

Favorite Features

Power, smoothness, comfort, and convenience factors.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage.

You need to test drive this car!
By Pam Foerstner

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I previously drove a Lincoln Navigator and wanted to downsize without sacrificing any of the luxury features. I was impressed by the body style of the SRX, but when I drove it I knew I had found my car. This car is so much fun to drive that I regularly catch myself doing 90 mph on the highway without realizing it. When I drove the car at the dealership, I told the salesman that I was interested in purchasing an SRX. He asked me when I would like to come back to pick the car up and I said that I would be taking the car home that night. I have not been disappointed! I love this car.

Favorite Features

Radio controls on the steering wheel. Door storage areas. Capability of manual shifting. Definitely the Ultra-View sunroof!

Suggested Improvements

Would like temperature controls on the steering wheel. Could use a larger center console. Gas cap should open from inside the car. Back hatch should open from the key fob.