Used 2005 Cadillac SRX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Cadillac SRX
By Vinnie

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My Cadillac SRX is a fun SUV that does not drive and feel like a truck. The 6-cyl. engine is very fast and all I need for the road. I also like it that there are not many of these on the road everywhere and people want to know what is it. It looks clean and has the Cadillac quality and prestige.

The power seat does not go high enough.

Switched and proud
By esmurrell

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first American vehicle I have purchased and I couldn't be happier! Couldn't resist the deal (everyone buys @ employee price) and the style and performance leave nothing to be desired. Just returned from a 2,800 mile road trip and the vehicle performed flawlessly! Gas mileage is 23+ MPG, the stereo and rear seat entertainment system lived up to their promises. The comfort is second to none. Seats, driving position quietness, etc. make this a family hauler bar none. Handling in the mountains was sure footed and confidence inspiring. Get lots of lucks of approval and/or admiration. If this car performs well over time, I will switch to American with the other one as well.

Dash layout, controls, and style.

Bluetooth integration for cell phone, back-up camera and power folding mirrors.

Our SRX saved our lives
By Joyce

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

While traveling South to Florida,we had a very bad accident in our brand new SRX. We hit the guard rail, went airborn into the northbound lane on I 95 in Virginia and then rolled over 8 times, hit a tractor trailer truck twice and landed, straped in our seat belts, in the car but upside down on the roof. The car was demolished but the passenger section had about 3 feet of room between us and the bottom of the car. We both had very significant injuries but when the police arrived on the scene they expected to find fatalities not people who were alive. Our dog was in a dog car seat in the second row and she survived with NO injuries. We have replaced the car (even the same color). Love the car.

Plenty of leg room, easy to exit and enter, plenty of cargo space, long sunroof and and fun to drive

We think the car needs more and bigger storage spaces for the driver and the passenger.

Cadillac SRX - Great Vehicle
By Jburns

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The SRX has just the right amount of storage space for our frequent trips to the sunny south. The ride and handling is excellent. The step-in height is a little high, for a small person. Plenty of power in all conditions. Gas mileage good for a 4,400 lb. vehicle. The large sunroof is great, but for highway driving its to windy and you need the additional pop-up 3rd row seat conventional sunroof only.

Ride and handling. Solid build quality. Large sun roof. Appealing design.

Step-in height to high (needs small running boards).

SRX
By TW

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I researched my next vehicle for over a year. Glad I picked the SRX. It has the 3rd row seat for times we need extra room and has great handling. Never thought I'd want a Cadillac but they're on a roll lately with the new designs. Only have had for a month but we're rolling up the miles.

Love the moonroof. Get lots of comments on the size. Plenty of power and the handling is crisp.

Not sure about the fabric used on the wind deflector.