Used 2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Very Happy with First Cadillac
By David F.

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first Cadillac and third SUV. So far very happy! My SRX is fully loaded with sunroof, navigation system and rear DVD. Eveything works great. Had a problem with a vibration in the center console, but my dealership fixed it right away. I wish it did have better gas millage, but with any SUV you should never expect great fuel economy.

Favorite Features

Navigation System and sunroof.

Suggested Improvements

They need to add lighted switches for interior lights. At night when it is dark in the vehicle you can't see the switch for the reading lights.

2005 Cadillac SRX
By slim63

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have only had the vehicle for a week but so far it is the best I've ever owned. Looked at the Lexus and BMW because of the 3rd row seat in them. The comfort and performance is amazing. Will update after a few months.

Favorite Features

Performance Comfort and Ride.

Suggested Improvements

Getting out without geting dirty may be a problem in the winter, the base of the door is VERY wide.

Who says SUV's can't be comfortable?
By Albee

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My Grandfather used to drive his Caddy to Florida every year. I always thought of Caddies as "senior citizen's vehicles". Well no more! I have been driving foreign cars for the last 20 years, but decided to look at the new Cadillac's which appealed to my eye, but what about build and performance? The quality so far is letter perfect. The car runs on regular fuel and the dealer service was as good as Lexus or any other foreign car. They finally got it right. Step on the gas and you really don't believe there's a 6 under the hood. No need for the optional V8 here. The other day, the "car" informed me that the front left tire had low (23psi) pressure. There was a nail in my tire. How about that? This truck has safety too.

Favorite Features

The GPS with XM radio and OnStar along with the huge moonroof.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any improvements that the car hasn't had done to it already.

Best one I ever owned
By Larry C

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

By far the best I ever owned. We traded a Highlander on this SRX, worlds of difference. Fun to drive, probably the safest SUV on the market. I can see why it's SUV of the year two years running. We opted for the storage as opposed to the third row seating as we are empty nesters. The V-6 is quick and smooth, the only improvement could be a automatic rear door. The ultraview is great. Best SUV we ever owned. Employee pricing makes it even better! Great car, great deal, makes driving fun again!

Favorite Features

Smooth ride, ultraview, comfort and power.

Suggested Improvements

Power assisted cargo door.

Storage
By Art

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was amazed to find that the rear storage does hold golf clubs either across or front to back in the storage area without putting down the 2nd row seats.

Favorite Features

Handling and appearance.

Suggested Improvements

Remove the rear side storage pockets and increase the width of the area.