Used 2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

4,000 Miles & Counting
By Frank

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Only negatives include less than optimum visability with rear seats in up position, cargo shade/cover not very durable and limited storage space in real area. The ride at slow and high speeds is exceptional, pick up great and overal handling above average. We just returned from a trip that started in the Atlanta area, to Cleveland, Ohio, Milwaukee, WI, Indianapolis Indiana, through Kentucky, Tennessee and back to Georgia without a hitch. It is just a fun vehicle to drive.

Favorite Features

power seats, large sun roof, OnStar, easy to see controls and message center, and radio/cd changer/player.

Suggested Improvements

Improve cargo space, rear cargo shade/cover, rear visability, larger outside mirrors and gas milage.

Back in a Cadillac
By Richard Guizlo

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After a ten year hiatus, I decided to give Cadillac another shot, and so far I'm really glad I did. I am really enjoying my SRX. It is a great ride, and so far I have zero complaints. I chose the SRX over BMW X-5 and Infiniti FX35 because I couldn't see paying that much more for those.

Favorite Features

OnStar is great! I didn't even know I had a built-in phone until after I had had the car a day or two, and was playing the instructional CD. The people at On-Star are very helpful when you call.

Suggested Improvements

Although I like the looks of the SRX OK, GM needs to work on improving body styling on a lot of their models. More importantly, they need to lead the way in development of the hydrogen-powered vehicles, especially if they're not going to do the hybrids. $3.00 a gallon gas is coming.

Porsche owner buys the Caddy
By francosuisse

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

As an owner of a Porsche 911 C4, I was going to buy a Cayenne S. But after I test-drove both the Porsche and the Cadillac SRX, there was no hesitation anymore. The SRX feeling on the road is much better than the Cayenne (probably the magentic ride control). I also add the impression that it was better performing than the Porsche (esp. the auto 5-speed transmission is better tuned to the engine).

Favorite Features

All the options included in the price of the caddy vs. the expensive Porsche basic features not included.

Suggested Improvements

More off-track capability and pneumatic suspensions...

Troy
By Troy

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Cadillac SRX has great utility and curb appeal and it drives like a sports car rather than like a truck. It has more power than all other SUVs except for the Poirsche Cayenne.

Favorite Features

power, ride and quiet cockpit.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas milage.

SRX survey
By Edye Weller

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This SRX is so easy to drive and handle, also on long road trips and so very comfortable. Loved the memory seats. the lift gate is easy to close and I am 5'. The back of the SRX has a plug in for a small refrigerator and we use it when we travel. We also like all the conviences for all the passengers, heat and air, all the storage and cubby holes for thing.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is a toss up between the driver 1 and driver 2 poistions and the XM radio with the BOSE system. Love the back up beeps.

Suggested Improvements

The interior color is so light, so it gets sooo dirty. Deliver cleaner with the SRX or a coating that will be able to wipe up easily. Thank you.