Used 2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews - 164 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Disappointed Owner
By Bettsey Arnold

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

There are several things that I do not like about the 2005 Cadillac SRX. There are quite a few blind spots that are safety concerns. The passenger seat and back seats are very uncomfortable. I have owned other Cadillacs and I am so very disappointed with this one. I am thinking of trading it in for a GMC Yukon or Ford Explorer.

2005 Cadillac SRX AWD
By Edwin3130

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Driving this vehicle on tips is a pleasure The handling is excellent even in wintry conditions. Passing on two lane roads is a joy. It accelerates quickly and you spend a minimum amount of time in the wrong lane. On ice and snow it is very stable.

This is the first vehicle I have owned that I do not get a sore back on extended trips. The seating is excellent and the controls are convenient.

Wider pockets on the doors a few more cup holders.

My SRX
By Sweets

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love my new Cadillac SRX. It is the most comfortable SUV that I have ever ridden in or driven. I know they say they are going to make improvements, but as far as I am concerned, it dosen't need any.

Dissapointed
By Jim Prunty

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Cadillac SRX is a very nice truck if you own a gas station. With today's technolgy, 12 MPG city and 18 highway is unthinkable for this vehicle. A Tahoe gets better mileage! The sunroof is a very nice fearure, but the 3rd row seats are a joke.

The Bose stereo with XM satellite radio.

Improve the gas mileage.

A Winner for Cadillac
By Drivin' Hard

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Just finished the first three months of ownership of my new SRX and am very pleased with the car. After testing both the eight cylinder and the six cylinder engines I opted for the 3.5L six and am not at all disappointed since I find the power is totally adequate. It rides and handles well and combines the best of an SUV and a sedan. On long trips it's as comfortable as my '04 Escalade and not as thirsty. Some have criticized the exhaust note, but I find it pleasing and not at all intrusive. So far everything works as advertised with no problems. Cadillac seems to want to make sure it's owners have an overall excellent ownership experience and I'm certainly very satisfied.

The size is optimal and I love the XM radio, the power and the handling. Seats are comfortable even for someone over six feet. The White Diamond paint makes it stand out nicely. IwWish I had opted for the Navigation system, though.

Make the audio/driver info system less complicated and more intuitive and match the controls of the Escalade and the SRX. It's annoying to have remember that the inner button on the wheel controls the volume on the SRX and it's the outer button on the Escalade.