2005 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Enjoying My Wife's SRX
By Bill on 01/15/05 21:09 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I am used to peppy cars as the car that I turned in was a Cadillac STS, point being is that the 265 Hp Cadillac SRX provides me with all the pep I need. To top this off it is fueled with regular gas. It also gets good gas mileage on trips and around town. I truly enjoy driving this attention getting vehicle. Lexus and Mercedes-Benz people are always examining it wherever I drive. It is dolled up very nicely with pearl white paint and gold striping. I added a set of chrome wheels later on. The origial wheels looked almost plastic, very distasteful. However our salesman suggested we have the original ones chrome plated, well that was the iceing on the cake. Now you know why I enjoy driving my wife's SRX.

SRX - Return of the Station Wagon
By Albert on 01/11/05 02:06 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a Cadillac SRX because of it's style and because I didn't want to get another Lexus SUV. The SRX is a dream to drive. It is more comfortable than a Lexus and it has superior handling (no fear of rollover on turns). But, I miss the Japanese common-sense engineering. The location of the AC, heater, and rear window wiper controls on the SRX require your full attention (eyes off the road) when adjusting. You cannot avoid rubbing the backs of your legs on the rocker panels when exiting the car (this gets them very dirty when raining or snowing). There is no remote gas cap lid (you have to buy a locking gas cap like we did in the 70's). Lastly, the second row seats do not fold flat.

Cadillac SRX
By Diane on 01/05/05 20:56 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I went from a large SUV to the Cadillac SRX. It is the best move that I have made. The SRX is easy to drive and has excellent handling. I enjoy all the Cadillac luxury options. The interior is roomy and I do not feel confined.

brand new
By john williams on 01/05/05 19:16 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I compared thsi car with a host of SUV's in the same price/feature range (Lexus, BMW, Volvo, Acura, Mercedes). There was no question once I test drove this car. Handling is a dream! Power in the mountains (colorado) is remarkable and equals the turbo charged Saab 9.5se that my wife drives. Excellent comfort/interior for driver and passengers. Learning the computer and all its features is a bit time consuming and somewhat complicated. visability (rear side views from driver seat) is not great.

My SRX
By njfla on 01/05/05 17:52 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

A great vehicle to drive, holds the road well, comfortable, plenty of room for 5 adults, a dog, gifts, 2 suitcases and a ham to travel 300 miles on Christmas. Mileage 23 MPG highway, 16 and a half around town. Not bad!

very pleased
By A. Ferguson on 01/01/05 15:05 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, I am very pleased with Cadillac SRX. I have an AWD V6 version with all the extras. I have found the navigation system, which I find priceless,and my kids love the DVD system and the Ultraview roof. I love the handling of this SUV. It's very easy to drive and doesn't seem like I'm driving a truck. I have test driven other SUVs that are hard to manuever.

Best Vehicle I have Driven in Over 30 Years
By Bobby on 01/01/05 11:31 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Without a doubt the 2004 Cadillac SRX is one of the best vehicles I have owned and driven in over 30 years. It has all the features you want in a vehicle like this. You don't know what you are missing till you go out and drive an SRX.

Good Looking
By Mary Courim on 01/01/05 10:12 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My 2005 Cadillac SRX is great for everyday errands and hauling people around. The seats are easy to put up and down. It is a great vehicle for a small woman like myself.

The SRX is Simply the Best
By t. Stefan on 12/15/04 17:43 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Cadillac SRX is smooth,speedy, and agile. It is great fun to drive with performance that may startle you. If you're looking for a beautiful, refined, performance SUV with great styling; drive this one. This might be the best vehicle that I've ever owned.

The 2005 Cadillac SRX is My Favorite Vehicle
By EG on 12/15/04 10:00 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The 2005 Cadillac SRX is a wonderfully comfortable vehicle to drive. The 6-cyclinder engine could be a little peppier, espectially when getting onto highways. I found the steering to be tight and excellent.