2005 Cadillac SRX Consumer Review: $54,850 Lemon!

2005 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Review

V8 4dr SUV (4.6L V8 5-speed Automatic)

$54,850 Lemon!
By Jay Quigley on

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have experienced four "Major" problems with my SRX over the last nine months. First I had to replace the rear end. Second, I had to replace the torque converter. Then I had to replace the rear end..AGAIN! Fourth, my SRX has had repeated oil leaks. The front timing cover and engine pan also had to be replaced. I paid $55,000 for a Cadillac SUV and its seats are small, it has no telescoping steering wheel, no digital dash display, no light for the glove compartment, etc. etc. etc. GM should be ashamed of themselves for this $55,000 SRX. My first Cadillac was a 1962 when quality made a difference and I`ve driven only Cadillacs since. I love the style of my SRX but my satisfaction ends there. I just wrote to my dealer last week but do not expect anything positive back, I just vented my frustrations regarding this vehicle to get it out of my system.

The style. It looks good in silver with a black interior with a massive sunroof.

Take your pick from review comments as above.