2005 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Disappointed in Cadillac & GM
By Syracuse 185 on 08/25/10 09:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This premium car was our first return to buying from an American based car company. Sad to say, we are we disappointed in the quality and reliability of the car and the integrity of GM. This car has been in the shop 10X the amount of times our other (Japanese) cars. Despite the care we have given the car it is rusting straight through in several places. In the last four months we have spend over $900 a month in repairs to keep it on the road (excluding tires, oil, etc). What a money pit. We went back to buying Toyota again this spring.

Nothing but trouble
By Nothing but trouble on 07/16/10 06:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used and thought I had gotten a good deal. Unfortunately in the last two years, I have had nothing but problems with this car. I just had the water pump replaced ($700), two belts, now the tire monitor isn't working. I've had to also replaced the power steering lines and parts related to the coolant system. I feel like I'm in the shop more than anything. The list goes on re: parts that have needed replacement. On a positive note, it is a very comfortable car and handles amazing on the road. I wish this car was made to last more than a few years for it's price. Very disappointing. I don't think I'd ever buy a GM vehicle again.

I'm IMPRESSED
By Cadillac on 05/07/09 14:51 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I like this car. Great in the snow with Eagle GT RESPONSEDGE tires. Very confortable and fun to drive long distances..I'm sold on the GMC warranty. Class and Style. I'm very happy. Love the sunroof. I will upgrade to a 2007 for the dash improvement. GPS requires some getting used to.

quite a few problems
By Sameer Sinha on 03/13/09 15:25 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this new. you'd expect a $55,000 will be flawless but that i snot the case quite a few mechnical problems. Suspension noise- got replaced, driveshaft seal noise, exhaust system noise, troque converter noise, audio replced twice. interior bracket and clips replced. When it is not in the shop it is awesome. rides great, not a great touring car due to uncomfortable rea seats.

Rob's Cad SRX N*V8
By robhersch on 03/31/07 01:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Selected 2005 SRX N*V8 after head-to- head driving comparison of V8 to V8 & 6 to 6 of Euro and Asian SUVs same day same on-road and off road course. Spec order to get RWD V8 w/my pref color, trim, tow/cooling pkg, and giant moonroof, no NAV or XM. Delivery Jan 2005, currently 15.5k mi. Radio and 6 CD changer caused digital trip reset; was repl under warranty. Performance RWD V8-315 HP w/ 5 spd trans in city and on fwy ~comparable to 1999 FWD V8-300 HP Cad DeVille Concours w/ 4 spd trans; SRX more agile, more responsive, more fun to drive, but ~10% less MPG. Declined dealer computer re-flash (not mfgr recall) after noting Cad Forum impacts on braking & performance. It also fits in my garage.

Not Very Good
By Serango on 09/06/06 18:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My '05 Cadillac SRX makes terrible noises that dealerships can't locate. The noises sound like grinding metal.

Don't Buy
By Lee Martin on 08/23/06 04:33 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

The Cadillac SRX is a rattle trap. The moonroof creeks, rattles, and pops. The front rattles over slight bumps. My car went to the dealer for a lube job that only lasted for a month and then tje rattles came back. This vehicle rides like a pickup truck. It does have plenty of power and handles nicely. It is not worth the money.

Great Ride
By Gary on 07/24/06 09:45 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

My 2005 Cadillac SRX is the best vehicle I have ever owned! No other Crossover SUV is even close to the ride and comfort of my Cadillac SRX. I test drove the BMW and Benz before buying my SRX and the SRX is head and shoulders above the other two. Believe it or not this is the first American car that I have ever owned! Great job by Cadillac with this vehicle.

$54,850 Lemon!
By Jay Quigley on 04/26/06 10:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I have experienced four "Major" problems with my SRX over the last nine months. First I had to replace the rear end. Second, I had to replace the torque converter. Then I had to replace the rear end..AGAIN! Fourth, my SRX has had repeated oil leaks. The front timing cover and engine pan also had to be replaced. I paid $55,000 for a Cadillac SUV and its seats are small, it has no telescoping steering wheel, no digital dash display, no light for the glove compartment, etc. etc. etc. GM should be ashamed of themselves for this $55,000 SRX. My first Cadillac was a 1962 when quality made a difference and I`ve driven only Cadillacs since. I love the style of my SRX but my satisfaction ends there. I just wrote to my dealer last week but do not expect anything positive back, I just vented my frustrations regarding this vehicle to get it out of my system.

A Real Looker
By fyreman235 on 03/15/06 11:57 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I love the Cadillac exterior styling. I guess it is a love-it-or-hate-it thing! I bought it with 2,000 miles as certified used vehicle with a 100,000 mile warranty. It has already been on a 5,000 + mile round trip, and I have very few complaints. It performed well in all circumstances including snowy mountain roads in Colorado. The navigation system always gets you there, but not always by the best route.

1 2 3 4 5 next »