Used 2005 Cadillac SRX V8 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Srx 2005
By Vickie

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Have more money into this vehicle than any vehicle I have ever owned! I have very low mileage and mainly drive to and from work 14 miles round trip!! Constant and costly repairs! Will never purchase a cadillac again!!

Disappointed in Cadillac & GM
By Syracuse 185

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This premium car was our first return to buying from an American based car company. Sad to say, we are we disappointed in the quality and reliability of the car and the integrity of GM. This car has been in the shop 10X the amount of times our other (Japanese) cars. Despite the care we have given the car it is rusting straight through in several places. In the last four months we have spend over $900 a month in repairs to keep it on the road (excluding tires, oil, etc). What a money pit. We went back to buying Toyota again this spring.

Styling and handling

Improve paint and reliability

Nothing but trouble
By Nothing but trouble

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used and thought I had gotten a good deal. Unfortunately in the last two years, I have had nothing but problems with this car. I just had the water pump replaced ($700), two belts, now the tire monitor isn't working. I've had to also replaced the power steering lines and parts related to the coolant system. I feel like I'm in the shop more than anything. The list goes on re: parts that have needed replacement. On a positive note, it is a very comfortable car and handles amazing on the road. I wish this car was made to last more than a few years for it's price. Very disappointing. I don't think I'd ever buy a GM vehicle again.

Moon roof, although it is now rattling. Very comfortable seats for long drives and handles amazing.

Better fuel economy (only 400-450 kilometers a tank) and parts that last!

I'm IMPRESSED
By Cadillac

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I like this car. Great in the snow with Eagle GT RESPONSEDGE tires. Very confortable and fun to drive long distances..I'm sold on the GMC warranty. Class and Style. I'm very happy. Love the sunroof. I will upgrade to a 2007 for the dash improvement. GPS requires some getting used to.

Sunroof...Engine power...Stereo.

Window switches could use a more confortable reach to the fingertips. GPS could be more detailed, (more side roads). Side View mirrors should be heated.

quite a few problems
By Sameer Sinha

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this new. you'd expect a $55,000 will be flawless but that i snot the case quite a few mechnical problems. Suspension noise- got replaced, driveshaft seal noise, exhaust system noise, troque converter noise, audio replced twice. interior bracket and clips replced. When it is not in the shop it is awesome. rides great, not a great touring car due to uncomfortable rea seats.

exterior, interior, ride, power