Used 2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Srx - Consumer Reviews

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Cadillac 2005 SRX
By specialk57

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was in love with my 05 SRX until I started having major problems. I have replaced the Catalytic Converter,The Transmission and there is a definite problem with the engines that treats oil like water! General Motors has always had a bad reputation for the quality of the automobiles they deliver and as far as I am concerned ,I am very disappointed in the major problems consumers are having that are not addressed by GM. I will Never purchase another GM automobile. Its beginning to sound like an old truck and I am ready to junk it......Never had problems like that with Toyota

Favorite Features

The Radio(CD Player stopped working),Catalytic Converter and the Transmission since they seem to be the only things in good working order!!

Suggested Improvements

Use High quality parts that wont go up in short periods of time. Also GM needs to start listening to customer complaints and recall the faulty parts!

Know Your Car!!
By oliviad1214

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

There seems to be a lot of frustration when it comes to the oil on this car. When you are driving a luxury car you need to keep up with certain things that you wouldn't need to in a Honda. I have my oil checked after every 100+ mile trip and topped off and get my oil change every 3,000 miles. It's a great reliable car with amazing handling. The gas mileage could be better but no complaints, again a high maintenance vehicle. You need to take care of it though, and commit to regular maintenance, if you can't then you shouldn't be buying luxury.

Favorite Features

Interior is extremely comfortable, outstanding turning radius, lots of room for storage!

Suggested Improvements

baseline model could at least have heated seats.

2005 cadillac srx
By jane52

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

this car has been well taken care of but to be a 2005 very disappoint in 6 months time my power steer went my air compressor all coils plugs and two canister in gas tanks and the catlyer coverter really disappointed in all of this.

Five+ years out
By bernard long

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, we have enjoyed our SRX. However it is a GM car. Seats very comfortable and after a 16 hour drive from SW FL to DC, we were not even stiff. However, this doesn't compare to Lexus, BMW, MB or Volvo in trim quality, fit and finish. Moreover the drive train is suspect. Replaced the torque converter at just under 50000 miles (warranty); timing chain stretched out due to insufficient lube, I was told, at 70000. N engine is an unannounced oil burner and oil needs changing more quickly than indicated. GM picked up most of the Timing Chain cost ($4000/$4500). Now (75,000) there is strange noise from under the hood and the smell of coolant. I would not again buy any early GM or N engine

I love my Caddy
By sam7759

2005 Cadillac SRX SUV Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Cadillac I ever owned, bought it used from carmax and love it. I never had the oil problem I read about, in fact I change my oil every 5,000 miles and had no problem at all with it. Good over the road, drove it from Los Angeles to Sacramento a few times and had a nice trip every time.

Favorite Features

The on board computer and the onstar