Used 2005 Cadillac SRX V8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:

Disappointed in Cadillac & GM
By Syracuse 185

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This premium car was our first return to buying from an American based car company. Sad to say, we are we disappointed in the quality and reliability of the car and the integrity of GM. This car has been in the shop 10X the amount of times our other (Japanese) cars. Despite the care we have given the car it is rusting straight through in several places. In the last four months we have spend over $900 a month in repairs to keep it on the road (excluding tires, oil, etc). What a money pit. We went back to buying Toyota again this spring.

Styling and handling

Improve paint and reliability

Nothing but trouble
By Nothing but trouble

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used and thought I had gotten a good deal. Unfortunately in the last two years, I have had nothing but problems with this car. I just had the water pump replaced ($700), two belts, now the tire monitor isn't working. I've had to also replaced the power steering lines and parts related to the coolant system. I feel like I'm in the shop more than anything. The list goes on re: parts that have needed replacement. On a positive note, it is a very comfortable car and handles amazing on the road. I wish this car was made to last more than a few years for it's price. Very disappointing. I don't think I'd ever buy a GM vehicle again.

Moon roof, although it is now rattling. Very comfortable seats for long drives and handles amazing.

Better fuel economy (only 400-450 kilometers a tank) and parts that last!

I'm IMPRESSED
By Cadillac

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I like this car. Great in the snow with Eagle GT RESPONSEDGE tires. Very confortable and fun to drive long distances..I'm sold on the GMC warranty. Class and Style. I'm very happy. Love the sunroof. I will upgrade to a 2007 for the dash improvement. GPS requires some getting used to.

Sunroof...Engine power...Stereo.

Window switches could use a more confortable reach to the fingertips. GPS could be more detailed, (more side roads). Side View mirrors should be heated.

quite a few problems
By Sameer Sinha

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this new. you'd expect a $55,000 will be flawless but that i snot the case quite a few mechnical problems. Suspension noise- got replaced, driveshaft seal noise, exhaust system noise, troque converter noise, audio replced twice. interior bracket and clips replced. When it is not in the shop it is awesome. rides great, not a great touring car due to uncomfortable rea seats.

exterior, interior, ride, power

mechanical reliability should increase

Rob's Cad SRX N*V8
By robhersch

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

Selected 2005 SRX N*V8 after head-to- head driving comparison of V8 to V8 & 6 to 6 of Euro and Asian SUVs same day same on-road and off road course. Spec order to get RWD V8 w/my pref color, trim, tow/cooling pkg, and giant moonroof, no NAV or XM. Delivery Jan 2005, currently 15.5k mi. Radio and 6 CD changer caused digital trip reset; was repl under warranty. Performance RWD V8-315 HP w/ 5 spd trans in city and on fwy ~comparable to 1999 FWD V8-300 HP Cad DeVille Concours w/ 4 spd trans; SRX more agile, more responsive, more fun to drive, but ~10% less MPG. Declined dealer computer re-flash (not mfgr recall) after noting Cad Forum impacts on braking & performance. It also fits in my garage.

V8 for power and performance on trips. RWD for general handling, sport mode trans. Digital info R/O. Interior space for four 6'2" + adults. Giant moonroof with wide view above thru glass and convertible atmosphere when open; shade to reduce heat from bright sun. CD changer holding 6 CDs.

Improve resticted rear visiblity (I removed rear-middle head rest and added an RV type fresnel lens in rear window). Turn flashers embedded in outside rear mirrors. Trim strip bumpers along sides to reduce dings from adjacent auto doors.