2005 Cadillac SRX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SRX model:
Cadillac 2005 SRX
By specialk57 on 11/25/12 20:32 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I was in love with my 05 SRX until I started having major problems. I have replaced the Catalytic Converter,The Transmission and there is a definite problem with the engines that treats oil like water! General Motors has always had a bad reputation for the quality of the automobiles they deliver and as far as I am concerned ,I am very disappointed in the major problems consumers are having that are not addressed by GM. I will Never purchase another GM automobile. Its beginning to sound like an old truck and I am ready to junk it......Never had problems like that with Toyota

Know Your Car!!
By oliviad1214 on 09/23/12 12:36 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

There seems to be a lot of frustration when it comes to the oil on this car. When you are driving a luxury car you need to keep up with certain things that you wouldn't need to in a Honda. I have my oil checked after every 100+ mile trip and topped off and get my oil change every 3,000 miles. It's a great reliable car with amazing handling. The gas mileage could be better but no complaints, again a high maintenance vehicle. You need to take care of it though, and commit to regular maintenance, if you can't then you shouldn't be buying luxury.

2005 cadillac srx
By jane52 on 07/21/11 13:49 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

this car has been well taken care of but to be a 2005 very disappoint in 6 months time my power steer went my air compressor all coils plugs and two canister in gas tanks and the catlyer coverter really disappointed in all of this.

Five+ years out
By bernard long on 11/27/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, we have enjoyed our SRX. However it is a GM car. Seats very comfortable and after a 16 hour drive from SW FL to DC, we were not even stiff. However, this doesn't compare to Lexus, BMW, MB or Volvo in trim quality, fit and finish. Moreover the drive train is suspect. Replaced the torque converter at just under 50000 miles (warranty); timing chain stretched out due to insufficient lube, I was told, at 70000. N engine is an unannounced oil burner and oil needs changing more quickly than indicated. GM picked up most of the Timing Chain cost ($4000/$4500). Now (75,000) there is strange noise from under the hood and the smell of coolant. I would not again buy any early GM or N engine

I love my Caddy
By sam7759 on 11/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first Cadillac I ever owned, bought it used from carmax and love it. I never had the oil problem I read about, in fact I change my oil every 5,000 miles and had no problem at all with it. Good over the road, drove it from Los Angeles to Sacramento a few times and had a nice trip every time.

I love my SRX.
By Black On Black SRX on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Okay I love my SRX. I bought it just 5 months ago with 91k on it for trade in value! I cant believe i found a black on black and with the nice 18 in wheels and mine is the only one i've seen with SRX mudflaps on all for tires. I haven't had much trouble with my caddy. it would jump when it idled so i took it in and just a cylinder was misfiring quick fix and my turn bulb had to be replaced. took it to a caddy dealer and they were horrible so i took it to a gmc dealer and they were great. ive put about 9k on it in the 5 months since i got it and i have to say is i only had about 1 quart of oil when i get it changed at 94k but you just have to watch ur oil. I Love My SRX nothing drives better

Disappointed in Cadillac & GM
By Syracuse 185 on 08/25/10 09:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

This premium car was our first return to buying from an American based car company. Sad to say, we are we disappointed in the quality and reliability of the car and the integrity of GM. This car has been in the shop 10X the amount of times our other (Japanese) cars. Despite the care we have given the car it is rusting straight through in several places. In the last four months we have spend over $900 a month in repairs to keep it on the road (excluding tires, oil, etc). What a money pit. We went back to buying Toyota again this spring.

Nothing but trouble
By Nothing but trouble on 07/16/10 06:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (4.6L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car used and thought I had gotten a good deal. Unfortunately in the last two years, I have had nothing but problems with this car. I just had the water pump replaced ($700), two belts, now the tire monitor isn't working. I've had to also replaced the power steering lines and parts related to the coolant system. I feel like I'm in the shop more than anything. The list goes on re: parts that have needed replacement. On a positive note, it is a very comfortable car and handles amazing on the road. I wish this car was made to last more than a few years for it's price. Very disappointing. I don't think I'd ever buy a GM vehicle again.

Problems with transfer gearbox
By Brenda on 07/09/10 18:34 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The first few months I owned the vehicle I was very, very pleased. But after six months I had to replace the outside mirror and consistently had a burning smell in the vehicle. The car was serviced and repaired under the warranty. When the car reached 88,000 miles the big troubles began. The right and left tie rods, the air conditioner and the transfer gearbox had to all be replaced within a three week period. To me I did not feel the car was old enough for such problems to begin. I have been a loyal GM customer, but I am seriously reconsidering if I will ever purchase another Cadillac.

What's the deal?
By review on 04/15/10 21:23 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac SRX Rwd 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After reading all the other reviews I know they should recall these cars, was driving car nowhere near time for oil change car started jerking and check engine light came on no light indicated low oil level, took to shop had no oil was over 5 qts low. Who would ever image that a Cadillac would not have a light to indicate low oil level. Something needs to be done about this problem if only I would have known this before I bought the car never again will I have or recommend this car to anyone